PDA

View Full Version : Boost Box

CarZin
04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
As I have already posted, I purchased a used 09 Supra 21V. In the boat glove compartment was a boost box in poor repair. No cables or anything for the device. I contacted the manufacturer, and they told me for $15 they would check the unit out, program it to new code, and send me the cables.

I got word for them to today that they could tell the unit had been dropped in water. They cleaned the circuit board, put it in a new enclosure, reprogrammed the unit, and gave me new cables. They even bench tested the unit. The $15 basically covers the shipping and handling. The unit was a 2008 model. No warranty. They basically went above and beyond getting a unit that they knew I didnt buy from them in tip top working condition.

I'll be installing it in the boat next week, and will report how well it works, but I was so surprised of the customer service I wanted to pass it on. Its rare to find a company stand behind a product so well...

http://watersportinnovations.com/

wotan2525
04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds like they went above and beyond! Makes a lot more sense to me than the HSE system because it can adjust more than just 1-set of RCAs.... It actually controls the headunits volume through the remote interface. Cool!!

michael hunter
04-19-2011, 08:31 AM
I installed one last year . It works great once its set you don't have to touch it unless you want to make a change. Super easy to install and it does not interfere with the rest of the system.

Bumpass1
04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Looks like I am going to have to sink another 2 bills into the boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but these can only be used with certain brands of head unit (aka in dash cd player). I personally dont use a head unit at all, just an eq to my Ipod, so for me the HSE is the only option. Just making sure everyone knows.

CarZin
05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
FYI: I've had this installed for a few weeks.

Works flawlessly once you found a good mount point. I had it velcro'd underneath the dash, but with bounces, the velco would come undone.. I found that just placing it flat on the floor by the amps, it works perfectly. Honestly think this is one of the coolest things we have on the boat.

jet
05-11-2011, 11:11 AM
What does it do??

CarZin
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
basically, it increases the volume to a preset level when the boat gets moving, then decreases the volume as soon as you take the power off.

It does this by directly connecting into one of their supported head units. It splits off the kenwood commander interfaces for example.

You set it to a level you want the volume to be increased when you give the boat power, and when it detects acceleration, it ups the volume. conversly, when it detects deceleration, it decreases the voume to the level you were listening to at boat idle.

Makes it nice, because your passengers dont get blasted by load music when a rider falls. Also it one less thing you have to control, since its automatic.