PDA

View Full Version : Side window vent latches

sybrmike
04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
I pulled my window parts out to start reassembly, only to discover parts of the side vent window latches are broken. They're the old round twist lock style. I found some online by Taylormade & Seadog that look like they might work, but can't find dimensions to check.

Anybody have experience sourcing old or retrofitting new? Thanks.

mapleleaf
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Jim Jackson at Viper may still have some of those....

jet
04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I need some too! My friend said "what are these" and I said pull it and it will open. And he went "SNAP" and I said not that direction. Broke that baby right off. lol. Funny now now huh. If you find them let us know and how much?? And sybr if you found a better alternative let me know??

whelchel86
04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not trying to steal your thunder but I this thread looked like a good place to ask.

Similar question: Does anyone know where to get the little round paddle latches that go on the plexi-glass doors in the walkway area of some of the older supras. I have tried to find some on the RV websites but haven't found any that look the exact same.

Blackntan90
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I got 'em from my dealer- Performance boats near Hagerstown, Md The package had a good bit of dust on it!

sybrmike
04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I had a credit at BoatersWorld, so picked up a pair of the Seadog 324380-1 (normally 4.48 each). Looks like they would have worked in stock form except the mounting holes where the plastic plate attaches to the windshield frame didn't match existing holes. Rather than drill new holes, I just robbed the end piece that attaches to the glass, roll pin, push nut, and washer since that's what had broken on mine. I had to sand down the end of the T-handle so it would fit in the new end piece, but it seems to have worked out well.

Wish I could have used the whole assembly since the new T-handles have detents that should hold position better than the simple friction of the originals. I didn't check with Viper or dealer - factory originals would have been easier.

jet
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Boatersworld?? I thought they went out of business? All of our stores closed here. Didnt see that part, do you have a link??

sybrmike
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd still check Viper & dealers for original, but here ya go

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP80814146.htm