PDA

View Full Version : Finding parts?

wspeedin
04-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey guys,
So I just picked up my new2me 1987 Supra Saltare. This boat is, as usual, in need of some work. It has a few pieces missing and I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction to get repalcement parts.
Right now Im looking for the baffels on the back of the boat....maybe thats what you would call them? Where the exhaust comes through the transom there are suppossed to be something that covers the exhaust pipe on the outside of the boat, under the swim platform.

Thanks

DAFF
04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Most install flappers. I have heard of the boat foam wicking water from this region. Do a search on the subject, your boat will love you. The baffles you are talking about were also know as Super Trapps if I remember right.

Photos please......

Ptownkid
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
www.skidim.com

Great service! Do a quick price shopping comparison internet search before buying though...

wspeedin
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
so does anybody have these "SuperTrapps" or know where I can get one
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/-426449179420001E6.png

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/wspeedin/89777893290431A1.png

Century63
04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I should have a set of them available in a few weeks. I have them on my Pirata and am taking them off. I think they hurt the performance of the boat. I have a Century Inboard that has nothing but open pipe that lay out straight with no hump up at the rear of the engine. I have never had an issue with the open pipes. At any rate, Donnie is working on the boat and the super trapps should be available in a few weeks. Does your boat have the stud welded inside the exhaust pipes?

wspeedin
04-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I thought that they prevented water from coming back into the motor? I do have the stud in the center, but if I dont have to worry about water coming back in then I would run it the way it is. It sounds awesome on my Saltare.

Century63
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I have seen Supras with trapps, flappers and nothing at all. If you are backing up the boat then there is pressure coming out of the exhaust. If you are sitting in the water then the humps on the exhausts are higher than the water level. I have never had a problem with my old inboard that does not have the risers but run level. Do what you think is best.

cadunkle
05-01-2011, 11:14 AM
If you don't mind the noise of running without mufflers then remove the SuperTrapp hardware and install a set of rubber flappers. Personally I wouldn't trust the risers alone to be sufficient... Especially if you run ballast, and this will put the risers close to the waterline. Flappers are cheap insurance, don't hurt performance, and on these boats you won't even see them unless you look real hard.

khelfrich
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
i have a set if you want to buy them make me an offer or send me your email and i can send you some pictures