PDA

View Full Version : LA BRISA

SkiLew
01-17-2005, 08:53 AM
I am looking at purchasing a 1994 Supra La Brisa. Can anyone tell me anything about this model boat. Is it a wakeboard type boat or is it more of a recreational type boat?

DKJBama92Mariah
05-03-2005, 04:51 AM
In 1994, there wasn't really any such thing as a "wakeboard boat." At that time, most folks didnt even know what a wakeboard was, and i dont think boarding really "took off" until the late '90's. What you are looking at is pretty much what i have, a traditional tournament ski boat. These boats were built with the main purpose of having a flat wake at slalom speeds (approximately 33-38 mph). HOWEVER, this doesnt mean that the boat wont make a great boarding boat. At wakeboarding speeds (17-20mph) my '92 Mariah throws out a respectable wake and i thoroughly enjoy boarding behind it, even with no extended pylon. It is my opinion that, you can take almost any (larger) tournament ski boat, put on an extended pylon, throw in a couple fat sacks, and have a very respectable wakeboard boat. Granted, you dont have the integrated ballast tanks and the shiny stainless tower like the new Supras have, but you also arent paying $45k-50k for the boat. In my opinion, A La Brisa with an extended pylon and 600-800 lbs of extra ballast will make for a very respectable boarding rig. Thats just my thoughts. Good Luck.

Cheers,
DKJ

05-23-2006, 12:21 AM
online directory main