PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Hydralic Wake Plate Cylinder

dndsam
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I have a 1999 Supra Legacy that has a leaking cylinder for the wake plate. Has anyone replaced or repaired theirs? What is involved and what does it cost? I contacted the dealer at the local boat show and they are more than interested and willing to fix it, but if I can do it myself and save a buck plus the hassel of hauling it 45 minutes away I am all for it. Thanks for any help.

silvtongdvl
01-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Get with the parts guy and see what the part costs loose, then the service to see what he charges to see if its worth it. Most of them are willing to give you instructions on the repairs for free if they feel its something a motor head can handle. There isn't much to changing out the whole cyl. - but I don't know if you need the whole thing or just a seal.
~S~

dndsam
01-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I have contacted Bennett Marine, and they were the most helpful! They are sending the new seals and instructions on how to fix the oil leak. Local Supra Dealer quoted me about $200 to replace the entire actuator, labor included as long as they did not have to remove the gas tank which would raise the shop labor 4-6 hours as well as the price by $80 per hour!