PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about...

Okie Boarder
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I was sitting there last night contemplating things and starting thinking about the generally accepted timeline regarding Good Friday and Easter.

This is what came to mind...

How would you feel right now knowing that this is it…you are in your final hour…that tomorrow you will be beaten, degraded and put to death not because of your sins, but because of the sins of the world. To me, that is the true meaning of the term ‘Amazing Grace’ and shows a love and caring that is more than we could ever comprehend. It also shows a selflessness and humility beyond what we could ever imagine.

Just thought I'd share. To me, today through Sunday is a good time to reflect on what it all means and how we should live our lives.

csuggs
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks Okie for sharing - to me, the death and resurrection of Christ is the single most significant event in history and the most important for mankind!

Okie Boarder
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
True true.

I had a couple comments from friends / family that I thought were interesting this week.

First one:

I wonder how the guards felt at the tomb of Jesus when they realized..
1. They had messed up...their only instruction was to make sure the stone stayed in place.
2. They were going to be put to death for their mistakes.

And...I wonder if they started to believe what that guy on the cross was saying..."for all who believe in the name of Jesus, will have eternal life."

Second one:

How many religious figures have an empty tomb?