PDA

View Full Version : Launch 22SSV slalom wake size

cas43019
01-22-2005, 02:22 AM
I\'m fairly new to looking at Supras, but was at the boat show today and am starting to get swayed towards the Supras over the Tige 20V that I was initially looking at. The last thing that is holding me back without taking the 22SSV for a test drive is the size of the wake. I have no doubt that it can be big enough for wakeboarding, but there is not much talk anywhere about what the wake is like for slalom skiing. I have been skiing for years and am just starting to get into wakeboarding, but my first love on the water is skiing. Will I be satisfied with the versatility of the boat with the wake plate or does it still kick up quite a big wake with the plate up? Thanks.

02LaunchSSV
01-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Of course the wake is going to be bigger water skiing even with the wake plate down versus a typical direct drive ski boat. The Supra's are typically wider and heavier boats when built for wakeboarding. My wife has no problems slalom skiing behind our '02 at 30 mph so not sure if your wanting a general ski pull or still looking to run the slalom course. We love ours and I believe once you take a ride doing each, you will too! By the way, which boat show were you at this weekend? I went to our local show in Columbia, S.C. and Tige's were on display. Heard several comments about Tige's from others taking a peek that the inside of the boat seemed "cheap" in comparison. Not sure what they were comparing it to though. Malibu's were on display also but besides the obvious "bling bling" on the dash, I feel the overall interior of the new '05 SSV is one to seriously consider, considering the Malibu is roughly 12-18K more for virtually the same boat. For me, it's no comparison. Save the money and the hell with the "name"! It's like deciding between POLO and Nautica. Who really cares and I know I can ride. Have alot of Malibu owners around me who generally ride or follow us around but good luck with your decision.