PDA

View Full Version : Pirata Any Thoughts ???

DAFF
04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Have been thinking aboout one. There is one for sale not far from me but I am torn on the lack of front playpen for the kids. Love a Sunsport or a Saltare but they fall into the dated colour scheme or overpriced leagues usually.

This one has very low hours but needs some interior work. The boat is mostly white and can be modernized very quickly with a partial wrap. Has a perfect hull for around here. Mostly ride on the great lake system...

Any Pirata owners out there??? What are your thoughts ??? Any owners hate them??

cadunkle
04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
i have a Saltare and love it. Nice wake, smooth dry ride even on the river with tug and cruiser wakes, overall I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't do a closed bow though. just my preference. Not that it matters since I rarely have more than 4 people in the boat, but it is what it is. If you don't mind the closed bow I'd imagine you would b happy with a Pirata.

DAFF
04-26-2011, 11:17 PM
I would love the open bow. But it often works out to be an 2-3k option in the used boat market. For that kind of money a cuddy might not be so bad. At least the Pirata would have a matress to put the extra money under!!!

Plus the one I like has the love seat captains chair. Nothing better than the youngsters sitting next to you learning the ropes....

Century63
04-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I have a 88 Pirata. I bought it for that specific look. I is very much like what the old woody boats were like. Neverr saw a Chris Craft or Century with an open bow. Yes there is plenty of room without the use of the playpen. My brother owns a 90 Saltare and I told him being open in the bow is more like a row boat. Remember row boats.

beast 496
04-30-2011, 10:21 AM
If I could find a Pirata, it would be in our stable for sure. I love the design, we don't need the open bow, hence a BEAST Model we own now. Al

DAFF
04-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Any other people own the Pirata ??? Everyone must hate these boats, for no one has anything much to say about them. Perhaps thats why they stay for sale for so long.... I like the idea of having a place to nap in the afternoon without getting baked to death by the sun. I'm sure it must get hot in the front but there is also the change station plus to the Pirata.

The bow rider idea is nice too but in all honesty I would never get to ride up there anyhow. At least the cuddy might keep you warmer and sheltered from the cold on those cooler summer morings.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM
They are not as popular as the open bow models. So they are relatively rare. Really neat tho! If you drive on big lakes they are nice. Also having privacy of a cuddy cabin is nice....

cowwboy4
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I used to have one and loved it.
I had a 1200 sack inside mine and still had massive room for storage and a big stereo.
I still have a custom sub box built for the storage space in front of the observer if you get that one.
Closed bows are nice cause if you taker a roller it rolls off and doesn't swamp as easily.
I still miss mine.

DAFF
05-04-2011, 07:05 PM
So Cowboy what did you end up with after the Pirata??

To be honest I'm thinking about a light blue one in Ohio. Seems to be a nice boat but priced a little on the aggresive side considering it needs some interior work. But it was a personal boat of a Supra dealer who passed away. The son is selling it now for he has a boat all ready too. This one has been on the market for some time .....Right ???? Anyone else know of this boat or history??

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/boa/2347583959.html

The more I think about it the more I like the Pirata. Sure the open bow has some conviences but the closed is more suited for the open lakes of our backyard. Who knows which one I will end up with??? When it is time the right boat will follow me home !! That way my wife will let me keep it !!!

cadunkle
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Looks nice, but if I were going closed bow, even if it was what I wanted, I would try to take advantage of the lesser demand for them and lower market value. Aside from that, a stabbin cabin does have its advantages...

DAFF
05-17-2011, 07:49 PM
So what is the light blue Pirata worth ?? How can the blue accent be moderized??