PDA

View Full Version : 90 Supra Comp TS6M Specs?

viking
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Anybody have the specs of this boat?
Specifically the length/width for cover fitment?

Thanks

jimmyk102
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I own a 90 Conbrio & just picked up from iBoats a TSK20. Fits 19'6" - 20'5" with a beam of 102" & is trailer able. Fits great both side to side & front to back, it covers 1/2 of the swim platform. I would recommend to pick up the optional tie down for I think an extra $30.00(?) or so - real sweet system. Cover itself costs about $285.00 w/free shipping. iBoats web site says that a TSK19 (18'6"-19'5" beam 90") will fit my boat....ah....it won't, you'll be approx 6" short to the transom/blower exhaust vents area. I will be down this weekend & I will post some pics either Sat or Sun night on this thread.

Jetlink
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I have the '86 Comp and I am able to fit the 18' 6" to 19' 6" cover on my boat, I also went with the tie down kit to secure the cover to my trailer. My cover is actually a little loose around the sides. I had ordered the next size up and it was way too loose for my liking. I don't have any pictures on this computer but I will download some later after dinner.

Jetlink
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
This is the first time I had the 19 foot cover on the boat, I have since then added some support to help prevent the rain water, and brief periods of snow we experienced earlier this month from collecting on the cover. As you can see, it is plenty long and even a little too wide for my liking but it does get the job done way better than the old one that the previous owner had.

jimmyk102
04-30-2011, 09:34 PM
This is the new cover from iboats for my 90 Conbrio.

Jetlink
05-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey Jimmy, how do you feel towing with those straps holding the cover down? Do you have any concerns about the nylon straps moving and rubbing against the hull at all? Only reason I ask is that I also utilize the tie down straps and it seems as though there is a small amount of rubbing going on when you are headed down the highway.

jimmyk102
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Jetlink I can't answer your question since I don't tow the boat, I have dry storage at a local marina (approx 1 mile from where photo was taken). Yet I believe that only the front 2 on both the left & right side touch the boat, all others clear the boat. In my situation, I really like the clip straps, just a quick 30 second walk around and your done with the cover. I just raised my drivers seat 4.5" and now the seat has a partial outline in the cover & yes I can now see above the top windshield bar. SWEET.

Jetlink
05-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Gotcha, I have been using six straps with the clips in them when I trailer the boat and I run into the same issue, the front two straps I use which are just about the rear portion of the windshield do contact the boat hull. I might try trailering it without those two next weekend if the weather holds and see if I really need them to trailer the boat. Any tips on preventing the straps from rubbing the hull though if I need to use those two?

jimmyk102
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Jetlink I would use the umbrella strap thought. When done with you umbrella there is a Velcro strap that you wrap a couple of times then attach the Velcro and strap stays. Same process. Get a towel or sort, cut to length, sew the crappy end of towel to inside strap, wrap a couple of times and note where towel ends, sew a piece to where you just marked/noted(piece #2 Velcro) & piece #1 would go next to the braided end of towel, keep from shredding in wind. Pros of this is that it's sewed on and you can't lose. Ever. Just find somebody who can sew and your almost done already. Cost - absolute minimum. I keep getting timed out some I'm being quick hopefully this will jump start the thought process. Let me know how you make out. Jimmy