PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

asmodeus2112
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Conbrio: Cheap, reasonably maintained, lot's of stuff. Some TLC will go along way. Possibly some soft spots... but this is alot of boat for 5K.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/boa/2347865750.html

Sunsport: As far as I can tell immaculate for it's age. Very well maintained. Original floor/stringers, but not soft spots. 7.5k
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/2302894833.html

Okie Boarder
04-27-2011, 06:07 PM
The Conbrio is a better deal, but remember that the low freeboard on that boat is going to limit you on how much ballast you can put in there. The Sunsport will allow you to do a bit more for a bigger wake and for surfing. You could really go with either one depending on preference.

asmodeus2112
04-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Sunsport looks good except the overall color and carpet reminds me of grandma's house.
Conbrio needs some wet sanding, but at least you don't have to buy any accessories to get on the water.

Yeah, I think they both are the same hull color, which I'm not too thrilled about. There's another Sunsport here that has green carpet :o

asmodeus2112
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, meant to put it in General Discussion. I suppose only admins can move it.

DAFF
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Sammon is not a very apealing colour these days. Keep looking for a deal and be patient. Colour aside I go with the Sunsport !!! Low ball the boat due to the colour. Gut the carpet and wrap the sides in a more modern colour scheme and look.

mapleleaf
04-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Ok guys take it easy on the color bashing, some of us are living with it! The Sunsport I believe belongs to a member here, and through some emailing I think he was taken care of it.... Supra factory color is Cannon Red
The Conbrio is def not the same color, a wetsanding would unveil most likely a red... looks like it comes with a lot of gear and most likely a stringer job in 2-3 yrs.....
These are 2 completely different boats, the Sunsport would def be my choice for a more well rounded boat....Surf, board and ski....Not too much surfing happening behind a Conbrio..(but I'm still trying!)

asmodeus2112
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The Sunsport sold, Conbrio was in process of having it's carb re-installed after a rebuild. I think I'm going to cough up a few K more and get a composite boat. The closer I get to buying the more the wood bothers me. They are different boats, but the commonality is I'm chiefly looking for inexpensive, open bow, inboard. I know, saving money and boats in the same sentence!