PDA

View Full Version : '05 21V Questions

Burke
04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey guys,
I'll be picking up my new-to-me 2005 21v next weekend. Can't wait! In the mean time, I'm trying to plan out my stereo install and have some questions. Right now the boat is totally stock, but I have some big plans.

1) I'd like to run a dual-battery setup, but I don't want to take up all the space behind the observers seat (I believe were the stock battery is). Were are people putting the batteries? Will they fit underneath the left and right bow cushions?
2) Can you run wires under the bow walkway cushions? Seems like you could use much shorter RCA's going that route then all the way around the bow.
3) Does anybody have a picture of the area under the front bow cushions and the walkway cushions?
4) Did the towers come pre-wired, or should I expect to run wires up into the tower? There are no tower speakers on the boat now.

Thanks for any help here guys. Can't wait to get this boat in hand.

Burke

iwakeboard
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
1) The left and right bow cushions on my '05 24 are pretty shallow, I don't know if you'd be able to put two batteries in there or not. I can't imagine it'd take up much more room to put batteries side by side behind the observer's seat.
2) On my '05 24, there's a cavity that's accessible from inside the bow fatsac locker that allows you to run wires from the drivers command center directly through to the amp/battery area. It's extremely helpful, I'd assume your 21 has that too.
3) No pics, sorry
4) The towers are only prewired for the navigation light when they leave XTP for Skiers Choice, I'm not sure if all of the towers are wired for tower speakers at Supra but I'd imagine they are.

Burke
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Cool, thanks for the info, it was very helpful.

I really want to get the batteries out of the observer area to save that space for storage. I've seen some pics of the being put under the observers seat cushion. Seems like they'd have to be pretty short batteries to fit, but it looked realy clean.

iwakeboard
05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Yea it could probably fit under the observers seat cushion, but even on my 24 I end up pulling that seat out alot to get stuff, especially if we have alot of people on the boat.