PDA

View Full Version : heater???04 grav games

gravgames
01-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Finally got to take her out this past weekend. It was 55 degrees and we didn't stay out too long - water was too cold to get into. Question to everyon out there about the heater. We turned the switch on and got nothing - no blowing, no heat. Did we miss a step?

Didn't try the ballast system yet. After reading some of these posts, I'm a little nervous to. Luckily my husband is very mechanically inclined.

2004 Gravity Games

jflock2
01-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Did you check the electrical connection?

msutoad
02-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Checking the electrical connection is a good first start. The heater fan should blow no matter what. The only way you will get warm air is if the motor is warm, and pumping warm water :).

IndyMatt
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Sounds like the blower fan is not comming on. The heater core itself will get hot as long as the motor is pumping hot water through the coils. However, warm air will not be forced over the coils and through the vents unless the fan is working. Based on not hearing anything when the switch is pushed, it appears to be an electrical problem somewhere in the loop of +12v to switch to fan to ground. In short, fix the fan and you should be fine.

greygoose
10-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Check the breaker switch under the dash.

IndyMatt
10-26-2005, 06:15 PM
If your unsure how to check power (+12) there are a few ways. Depending how brave you feel. I would pick up a 12v line tester, few bucks at lowes or radio shack. Its basicly a lightbulb with two wires. With your batter connected (and other accessories opperational but not on) remove the kick plate under the drivers feet area (four screws I think). There you will see the heater core housing (has the vent ductwork attached to it). On the side of the housing is a blower fan. Find the wire harness and track back about 12 inches, there should be a plug. There are only two wires there is the black gound, and I believe on the 04 the +12v is orange with a white stripe (anyway the other wire). Unplug the fan motor and touch the tester wires to the two exposed metal prongs on the wire harness going to the boat. If this illuminates, then the problem is in the fan motor itself. If not you will have to chase the problem through the wiring, breaker, switch and power. Hope this helps.