PDA

View Full Version : wont start

matt_page428
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
im new here and i just bought my Supra ts6m 1987. with a 351 Got to the lake and it started up and went down the lake and it sputtered once or twice and cut off. now it wont start. i thought it was a old fuel problem. took all the old gas out. it looked fine but did not smell strong. i put new fuel in. still wont start. sprayed starter fluid in the carb still nothing. took a plug out and had no spark. Now what to i check . it has new plugs distributer cap and wires. thanks for any help.

Mani
05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
If all that stuff is new, I'd check your wiring/connections. Do you have electronic ignition? Sounds like something's rattled loose. You've already diagnosed the symptom. Now it's just a matter of tracing it back one component at a time.

michael hunter
05-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Take a test light and go from the neg side [dist side] of the coil and ground . Crank the engine the light should flash on and off . If it does you have a secondary problem [ cap rotor, coil] If it doesn't flash you have a primary problem [ points, condenser, wiring or any of the electronic ign parts if you have electronic.