PDA

View Full Version : Boat Lift - Hanging A Supra

88Comp
01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
I own an 88 Comp. Up to my recent move I had a cradle lift. Drive on and drive off so when the boat was in the lift it was like it was sitting on the trailer. Due to shallow water at my new place my only choice is to hang the boat from the lift. So I have a few questions and would appreciate comments from the group. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I use the lifting rings?
2. What about the rear transom hooks. Better to use those instead of the rear lifting ring?
3. Do I risk damaging the boat? If who, anything I can do to mitigate damage?
4. Obviously I want the lifting rings to be securely mounted to the frame and deck. (My rear lifting ring seems to have a small bit of play in it, although it may just be because the under deck nut may be a little lose.

Appreciate any insight.
-Greg

01-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure but would guess an owners manual would detail lifting of boat using rings. Do you have the option (height wise) of using a sling system? I went with this option due to the fluctations in our lake levels from spring/summer to fall/winter. I use the eyelet or ring on front of boat (sling goes through) and one in rear that completely holds the entire bottom ob boat

01-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure but would guess an owners manual would detail lifting of boat using rings. Do you have the option (height wise) of using a sling system? I went with this option due to the fluctations in our lake levels from spring/summer to fall/winter. I use the eyelet or ring on front of boat (sling goes through) and one in rear that completely holds the entire bottom ob boat

f9captnemo
02-10-2005, 12:45 AM
I have hung my Bravura from my shop ceiling during the off season , from the lift rings attached by large clevises and come -alongs at each end of the boat for extended periods without any problems. The aft lift ring was a little loose initially, however I tightened the hardware and have had no problems lifting my boat from the two lift pionts.

03-16-2005, 10:54 PM
The only way you should lift any boat is with the use of a cradle, The cradle should be set up just like the trailer. The ubolts have NO BACKING PLATES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>