PDA

View Full Version : 1987 supra saltare

Rusty
05-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello all.

I'm looking to buy a night time pole light for my 1987 Supra. Its the light white light that you screw into the mount and turn on at night. Mine was stolen at a boat yard. Anyone know where I can get one? The 87 Saltare has one that is bent about mid way down, and it looks like a "J". Please help if you know where I can get one. Thanx.

Rusty:cool:

sybrmike
05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Let me know if your interested in "used" & I'll look for my old one. I'm adding a tower with a nav light on top & have already removed and filled the holes for the old pole mount. Mine's an 89 Saltare, but I think all the "bent" ones mounted in front of the driver were the same?

cadunkle
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I have two of those poles... One looks old style the other is a newer brighter fancy light. It wouldn't surprise me if someone before me just bought a new light pole, heated it a bit and bent it to match the original.

wotan2525
05-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Does yours mount in front of the windshield? Worst design ever. It's right in the drivers eyes at night so you can't see anything else. You pay shipping and I'll send you mine in 2 weeks.

cadunkle
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I think some of the newer more fancy lights are more directional, so don't project as much light down. Either way, I'm not crazy about that location for the light.