PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Pump 2006 Supra 21V

c9403
05-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Got my new (to me) Supra out the other day and found a problem.

The bilge pump switch will come on, nothing happens and 5 secs. later, it pops the breaker.

Getting ready to jump in and troubleshoot, where is the bilge located in the engine compartment?

Chris

Payaso2
05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I have an '06 22 SSV. My bilge was to side of engine compartment opposite the drivers side, just under the engine. Pretty easy to get to. You should see a bracket tab screwed to the side that holds the pumpin place. That was a pain to screw back in place. Good luck.

c9403
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Took a quick look on that side today and did not see it, will investigate more this week as time permits. Anyone else got any ideas?

Chris

LloydP
05-09-2011, 08:12 AM
The bilge pump in this boat is very difficult to get to. It is under the alternator in the engine compartment on the starboard side of the boat. I think the only way to get to it is to remove the alternator. Been having trouble with mine as well, but am not eager to remove the alternator to get to it!

c9403
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Lloyd,

Can you drop down the side panel between the motor and the storage compartment to get in there? Seems like mine are on hinges for that reason, to lower out of the way to get to side mounted engine stuff...

LloydP
05-09-2011, 12:46 PM
You can drop the side panels, but the engine compartment on that boat is so tight that I haven't been able to get at the bilge. I have tried a couple of times.

c9403
05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Lloyd,

I crawled in the compartment tonight, you were right, she was sitting directly below the alternator. Even if you drop the engine compartment sides, the bilge sits in an area even lower than that.

But, I got lucky and banged on mine with a screwdriver and it started spinning. Must have just sucked in something and froze up. I was getting power, just tripping the CB, so it dislodged.

Hope it stays running and you have good luck with yours!

Chris

LloydP
05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Definitely the best result you could hope for! Glad to hear it.