PDA

View Full Version : Crud: Winter damage ... could be a LOT worse

tg0824SSVGG
05-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Last year, I put in a Perko flushing system to allow me to hook the hose up in the drive way - to the back of the boat - without the fake-a-lake.

I neglected to take the water out of it (or put antifreeze into/thru it).

BOOM - at least it's only $60 and not the block ...

Better found in the driveway than at the lake - this is in the mainline intake from the lake - and would have FLOODED the boat.

jsandy
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
i hate to be the dick but if you did'nt winterize your boat you probly have a busted block and heads bud

Sluggo
05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
There are a lot of different ways to winterize. Many folks on here have used various methods that do not involve sucking in anti-freeze through the intake and have been sucessfull for years.

Fman
05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Todd is a pretty sharp guy and veteran boater, I would highly doubt he did not winterize his boat properly living in Colorado....

Nice catch on the broken part Todd, hope your first outing has no other problems.

Okie Boarder
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear that's all it was...I bet you'll add a step to protect that next year huh? ;-)

tg0824SSVGG
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM
yeah, special attention paid to the block and heater core -- I just don't normally put antifreeze in the block - I DRAIN DRAIN DRAIN it -- forgot about that one little plastic thing ... I put that on there to run "off-lake" without a fake-a-lake, since my dirt driveway doesn't support the thing well, it falls out when the dirt gets wet - and I can clean/flush the block quickly -- but no worries about the comment.

mapleleaf
05-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Trying to remember how many posts I've read where Todd had to dewinterize and winterize just to use his boat for the day.....Sorry 'bout the fake a lake dude, fake another lake and get that girl in the water!!!