PDA

View Full Version : Clueless & Need lots of help

BrittJames
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
:confused::confused:Hi from New Orleans,
Ok from the beginning, I bought a 2004 Supra Launch LTS a few months back. It has a Indmar V8 305 motor in it. A few weeks ago, it kept overheating when idling but as I ran the engine, the temperature dropped. I am a 24 year old girl that knows nothing about boats but am learning as the days go by. I purchased an impeller online and watched a how to video and installed it myself. I started the boat while the cover was off of the impeller compartment and immediately after the boat would not start. I thought maybe I had messed with the kill switch unknowingly or screwed something up by starting it with the cover off and possibly got air in the line? The boat is not getting any fire to it. I have been asking around for answers and yesterday someone mentioned the fuel pump. We put gas in the carb and it started so I am thinking I need one. I have searched everywhere to find out what kind of fuel pump I need. Electrical? Mechanical? If anyone has any ideas or answers, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, Britt :confused:

Memmer99
05-09-2011, 07:31 PM
You have an electrical fuel pump. I'm almost positive it's this one.
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080018

I would give the guys over at SKIDIM a call and see exactlly which one you need. 803-345-0996

BrittJames
05-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks so much. I called a friend of mine today and he thinks that it could possibly be the fuse that runs the pump instead of the pump alone. Problem is...I looked through the entire manual and cannot figure out where that fuse is. There is a fuse panel under the steering but none of them say nothing about a fuel pump.

docdrs
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I started the boat while the cover was off of the impeller compartment and immediately after the boat would not start.

Just curious , why did you do this? And how long did you let the engine run for with out any water? Also what was the condition of the old impeller?

put gas in the carb and it started so I am thinking I need one

did the engine stay running or did it fire up and then die?