PDA

View Full Version : Tower speaker wiring!! Help!!

BadbluSi
05-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok I have everything all wired up and unfortunately had to run the wire over the window and down through the arm rest spot by the throttle control. This isn't the problem. The problem is now my boat cover won't go on!!! I had to make a vertical cut to clear the wire and cover the boat! Any help or suggestions? Are there covers that compensate for this?

KG's Supra24
05-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I think you will get the help you need over on the audio forum at Moomba from some of the audio gods. Also a lot of winter stereo projects going on over there. (i saw you posted over there as well).

It sounds like you kinda have a mess if I'm understanding correctly. Is there a reason you didnt go through the tower feet?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Your wiring should be inside the tower until it gets within inches of the hull. Or go through the feet if possible with your tower, but I am not very familiar with that method. Here is how mine looks.

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3519/medium/Picture_004.jpg

BadbluSi
05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
MiKey it looks like on mine that there wasn't an opportunity to go through the feet. Also whoever installed the tower looks to have done it a bit forward as my windshield is in the way regardless of the leg I brought the wire out of. I did similar to your setup but still had to go over the windshield. My first install and was amped until I tried to cover the boat, ugh!