PDA

View Full Version : Supra Cooking

Hagman
05-12-2011, 01:16 AM
I went out for a cruse after work on Monday and heated up some ribs on the motor they were grate. We cook hot dogs all the time. My kids callem V8 hot dogs. Any one else do this . How about some new ideas for the summer.

DAFF
05-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Add some flavor, make spyder dogs with blood drippings Windsor style !!!

Take Hot dogs (tube steaks) and cut the ends towards the centre, leaving the centre 1/3 of the dog un cut. As it cooks the slivers of the dog shrivel up making it look like a spyder. Add some ketchup as blood and serve.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-12-2011, 01:28 AM
I do this all winter during hunting and fishing season. Reheat home made breakfast burritos and carne asada burritos. Do chili's and soups all kinds of differnt stuff. Its amazing how it has its own flavor.

Sluggo
05-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't dare think to put food on a motor that clean. I would be afraid of getting hot dog slime or rib sauce on it. I won't post it, but I think my motor would have a very different flavor and not in a good way.

haugy
05-12-2011, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't dare think to put food on a motor that clean.

No kidding. I'd be worried that plastic cover would melt. And no, I don't do this.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I saw this and went "WHAT??!" LOL! I dont know about all those other ideas but hot dogs sounds fun.

Okie Boarder
05-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I would be worried about the plastic too. Maybe wrap in foil? Do you put the food on there for a period of time when the engine is running or do you just put it on there when you park after running for a while?

haugy
05-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he's doing it while just sitting there. Those manifolds would melt the plastic for sure when running hot. I second the foil trick, I've seen guys do that before. Hell we do that on the trail in our jeeps.

ditchsnake
05-12-2011, 04:08 PM
We've heated food for years at work that way. On the engines of our work trucks. Your right that the foil is the ticket.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Yea foil is the way to go, and I do it when we a driving around the lake in the boat and when driving in the truck or car.

cadunkle
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I've never cooked on a motor before but I might give it a try. Usually do cold sandwiches for lunch but on some of these colder days with the cold water it might be nice to have some warm food. Great idea for hot food on the water.

haugy
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Alright, who's gonna be the first one to take a pic of them roasting a pig over an open engine hatch? :D

DAFF
05-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Convert the engine to propane, run open headers and a simple gear reduction unit off the prop shaft for turning the spit.... MMMM

Hagman
05-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Really Guys The motor runs at about 150 to 160 and that’s not hot enough to most melt the plastic. There is one spot rite beside the carb under the choke that gets purity hot stay away form that. I’ve cooked pork loin ( 3hrs), ribs 2hrs , hot pockets, little smokes, rap up Kentucky fried chicken in a cooking bag . Your buds will freak when you handem a piece of chicken that’s to hot to handle in the middle for the day. Tin foil doesn’t work very well it falls apart and makes black marks a double cooking bag works grate. You just need to seal things up tight.

haugy
05-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Really Guys The motor runs at about 150 to 160

Maybe up in Oregon, but with the water temp at near 75 degrees in the summer here, our boats run steady at 180-190 range. :D

csuggs
05-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll stick with the cold sandwiches, pasta salad, potatoe salad, etc. It sounds like a cool idea to be able to cook on the boat, but I couldn't bring myself to take a chance getting my perty motor all dirty like an oven! :cool:

Okie Boarder
05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Alright, who's gonna be the first one to take a pic of them roasting a pig over an open engine hatch? :D

I was beginning to think about some whole chickens. ;)

We run a bit warmer here in OK, even than haugy mentioned. In the summer our water is more like 90's. Right now our water is in the low 70's...feels so refreshing. I wish it would be like that in the summer.

Tackleberry
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Good ol' muffler meat. :D

I usually prefer to dock off at a bar/grill on the water and eat.

ditchsnake
05-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I was beginning to think about some whole chickens. ;)

We run a bit warmer here in OK, even than haugy mentioned. In the summer our water is more like 90's. Right now our water is in the low 70's...feels so refreshing. I wish it would be like that in the summer.

You suck lol. Water here is a balmy 53. It was 41 or 42 when we got in it the first time this year. Water last year at Powell was 88. I like that much better. Oven (engine) roasted chicken sounds good. I'd like some baby red roasted potatoes with that too please.

Okie Boarder
05-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Perfect water temp for me is between 70 and 80. I don't like it when our water gets in the 90's out here...feels like bath water.