PDA

View Full Version : 3 pole blue sea Battery switch hook up question

dshaff24
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Okay.. both my previous boats had this same switch installed from the factory.. So What i need to know is all I have it the switch and I need the cables so im trying to plan this out that I have everything here before I install it..

One of my boats SPLIT the NEGITIVE wires from the battery.. and another boat split the POSITIVE side wires..

Im thinking im going to Ground both battery's to the block and then run the wire from the motor to the center hook up on the blue see switch then hook the positive from each battery to the 1 and 2 and I should be good right?

Or do you recommend using the negitive.. Then Id have 2 positives going to the block... Would this effect the battery's?

Okie Boarder
05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
The way you're thinking sounds right to me.

dshaff24
05-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Sounds good.. wonder which one is better to use on the switch.. positive or negitive?

dshaff24
05-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Did anybody ever wire up your own battery switch here? I found directions on how blue sea expects you to hook it up.. Split the positve side of each battery to post 1 and 2 then the main power source up to the motor.. Now it doesn't say how they want me to run the NEGITIVE..

Should I just Run both grounds to each other.. then hook the main ground from the motor up?

OR

Should I just buy another Long Ground wire and run both grounds to the block? It seems to me that it would be doing the same thing but it would have its own Ground vs hooking them together and using the just the original ground

Okie Boarder
05-16-2011, 10:19 AM
To me, I would just tie the two battery grounds together and have one ground going back to the engine block. That's what I did when I added the Sure Power seperator.

dshaff24
05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
To me, I would just tie the two battery grounds together and have one ground going back to the engine block. That's what I did when I added the Sure Power seperator.

Thanks for the input.. I ended up going this route and it works like a charm!