PDA

View Full Version : Must be mechanically inclined to own these boats?

gravgames
02-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi,
Must a person be really mechanically inclined to own these boats? The reason I'm asking is that we traded our 2004 runabout for a new 04 Gravity Games this past December and since we've taken it out (twice) we almost sunk it. The first time, we thought it was because we hadn't gotten the plug in really tight. The second time was due to the right rear ballast not being hooked up properly and the valves for the ballast being in the "open" position. (Why????) Also, the fuses for the heater keep tripping (our dealer rep thinks the heater was probably wired wrong - WHY????). It just seems that when a boat is sold, unless it is noted, it should atleast be seaworthy and have everything in working order. Our dealer rep has been great about making sure things will get fixed and seems equally frustrated, it just seems that for spending as much as we have, EVERYTHING should work. Lucky for us, my husband is fairly mechanically inclined - and observant enough to notice when things starting going south - FAST.
If this was a car we purchased, I would probably want a different one.
Am I just not as familiar with all of the necessities of Supra boat ownership yet??? Our other boat was a piece of cake by comparison, but it didn't have all of the bells and whistles. Are the bells and whistles the problem???

Other than our first two trips out, we absolutely are in love with our beautiful boat and WANT it to work as it should. We just aren't sure if the boat has been built to warrent the price. Please convince me if I'm wrong. I REALLY want to be wrong - she's SOOO pretty.

Thanks for listening.

Jon
02-12-2005, 12:12 PM
The 04 Grav. Games boat has to be one of the best looking boats out there in my opinion. I think you made a wise desicion in buying it.

To answer your questions though, no, you really don't have to be mechanically minded to own these type of boats. For the ballast issue, there is a small switch on of the pump that leads to the right rear ballast bag. To stop the bag from filling, simply turn the switch the other direction. You should see info about this in your owner's manual. Or even take it to your dealer, it should be a 30 second fix. With the heater, let your dealer fix it under warranty. There is no reason you should be worried about these problems, let the dealer take care of you.

Enjoy your boat.

02LaunchSSV
02-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I would agree, let the dealer sort it out but completely understand your frustration. Those types of problems should have been checked and re-checked before leaving the factory and the dealer. I've not experienced anything like you have and I love mine. Keep the faith and all will work out.