PDA

View Full Version : Saltare Covers

wspeedin
05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I was wondering if the Saltare came with a full cover. What I mean by full cover is the kind that you could pop up if caught in the rain and fully enclose the boat. If the Saltare had one does anybody have a picture? or do you actually still have the canvas and are you willing to part with it?

Thanks

cadunkle
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I doubt any original covers would be in usable condition. They'd likely be brittle and ready to fall apart if any are still around. Alternatively you could try a "custom" from skiboatcovers.com or one of the other places like that. Not much available for a Saltare and I was unsure of how the fit would be as well as ease of use on the water, so I had a snap cover made for mine.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/cadunkle/Supra%20Saltare/P1020529.jpg

wspeedin
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
cadunkle, I think you may have misunderstood.... :) what I meant was one of the full enclosure systems that you can still drive the boat with them on, stand up under them. Basically to keep everyone from getting wet or weathered while out boating. I know I saw one for a sunsport on here, just not a saltare.

However, I do like your cover. I've thought about the snap cover to store the boat but I cant bring myself to snap 300 snaps everytime I want to go out. I like those ratcheting style, but for now I just use my tarp, lol.

wotan2525
05-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't think so. Mine (and the other 5-6 salts I've seen in person) didn't have any snaps at the top of the windshield. There'd have to be in order to create a full bimini.

haugy
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
That's not going to be a standard feature on any of the older Supras.

On the next supra I get I will be doing something like that. I used a 2001 Launch Bimini and it fit perfectly, with about a 1'-1.5' gap between windsheild and bimini. I will get the same bimini again, but have a small set of vinyl windows that slide into a track on the windsheild. Snaps are tricky and can break or rust. Using the slide method makes them fast and easy.

But that's going to have to be custom made. No Supras that I know of came with that from the factory or as an option.

wspeedin
05-16-2011, 08:23 PM
ok guys, thanks for the help! I wish there was something, but I guess i will have to make a custom one!

Thanks fellas!