PDA

View Full Version : I Love this Forum!

csuggs
05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
You know what I love about this forum?

1- I get to look at some really, really cool boats :cool:

2- I get some pretty good answers to those nautical questions I just can't figure out on my own . . . :confused:

3- I get to "show off" my baby and help others with the same interests as me :D

I can think of many more things . . . but what do you love about this forum?

Mani
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
4. Good place to meet fellow boaters. :)

Ptownkid
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Definitely the information and inspiration!

Ptownkid
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
What do you mean...it's not like things are disappearing...oh wait.

However; we should not be taking away from what Csuggs is getting going here, let's get the positive vibes going!

Salty87
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
What do you mean...it's not like things are disappearing...oh wait.

...that was me. i don't remember the title of the thread but i do remember it had nothing to do with boating.

However; we should not be taking away from what Csuggs is getting going here, let's get the positive vibes going!

what i love about this forum...boats! driving, riding, working, looking...bring em on!

Ptownkid
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Fair enough, just keep in mind that it was addressing an issue that many members are not happy with.

As for loving this place, I forgot to mention that I love the fact that new people who have just acquired an older Supra show up here and join in on the fun. Seeing the progress everyone makes is very inspirational.

Now to get on with mine...

sybrmike
05-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Gleaning knowledge from those that have been there before & done that - and more than willing to share.

Sounding board for ideas (LED's, split wakeplates, etc.)

Great looking boats and successful restoration/projects are great motivation to keep going.

Occasional opportunities to give back to the forum and share with others that have a misplaced fondness for old inboards - she doesn't understand..

Okie Boarder
05-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I can't think of anything to add.

Ptownkid
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe we need a thumbs up emoticon!

KG's Supra24
05-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Pretty solid list!

I love the monthly picture thread .. speaking of, shouldn't someone be posting pics to it?!?!?

csuggs
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Pretty solid list!

I love the monthly picture thread .. speaking of, shouldn't someone be posting pics to it?!?!?

Would love to post to the monthly thread if the weather would cooperate around here - still raining, still! Which is another thing I like about the forum - when my boat's stuck in the garage I can at least see what my buddies are doing on the lake, etc.

Ptownkid
05-16-2011, 04:36 PM
It's been pretty rough up here too...I was supposed to launch the boat this past weekend, but the lake was white capping and waves were rolling about a foot higher than the dock. Normally, this does not happen.

jonyb
05-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I love this forum too.

Except for the biased moderators that delete threads when someone calls them out.

I'm sure this post will be deleted just like that other thread did.....

haugy
05-16-2011, 07:56 PM
http://kenyangayman.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/elephant-in-the-room-harrison.jpg

wspeedin
05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I love the fact that I have something to do at work, other than work!!!!!

csuggs
05-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I love the fact that I have something to do at work, other than work!!!!!

Never thought of that one! But you know, you're right!!!! :D

You know, I had a pretty crappy weekend. I bought a brand new John Deere X500 tractor about 2 weeks ago and this weekend I hit a buried pipe with it in an area that is new to mowing. So I had to replace some parts on the mower deck. And the weather is not cooperating so I did not get to test my boat this weekend - haven't even got it wet yet this year. But you guys make me laugh and keep me in touch with the boating world when I can't be out on the river or at the lake.

Let's keep the comments as positive as can be, there's enough other rotten stuff around us that we don't need here. ;)

Mani
05-17-2011, 12:36 AM
LOL! Haugy, that's classic.

Ptownkid
05-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Let's keep the comments as positive as can be, there's enough other rotten stuff around us that we don't need here. ;)

I agree, I think the point people were trying to make has been made, let's move on.

jet
05-18-2011, 10:33 AM
You guys are always bugging me for questions!!