PDA

View Full Version : Admin's - Your attn. please

jonyb
05-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I, along with other members here, think you need to evaluate your Moderators on this forum. You have a mod here that closes threads, deletes posts, and bans people for things that amount to nothing. Among one of those things - someone said a certain tower (not a Supra tower) looked like crap. This mod gets uptight, smarts off to everyone, and closes the thread. When he's questioned about it in another thread and several other members jump in, that thread goes away. God forbid anyone provides constructive criticism so MAYBE a manufacturer might take some of these comments made here into account and make their problem better.

You have a mod here that abuses his power if posts don't go his way, we'd appreciate your attention on this.

If I'm banned in the next few days, or don't return, it's because this thread ruffled feathers and another abuse of power is made.

tg0824SSVGG
05-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey John,

I think everyone got carried away -- hopefully this will die down. It will if people
give it a chance. It won't if everyone *including moderators* continue to stir it.

I have advised several people to just let it die, but I can't make that happen, nor
will I get pulled in.

I don't want this site ugly any more than anyone else ... You and I have chatted
about this topic before -- I refused to get pulled into the mess, and I really don't want
to now either ... but, if things continue to spin - we're just gonna become "one of those
sites" -- I won't come, neither will you ...

Now - if I could just find $2100, I REALLY want your Wetsounds stuff -- but things are SO TIGHT!

dusty2221
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm in complete agreement jonyb, that was all rediculous.

jonyb
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Too late Todd, just received teh money :D

As for the forum, it can die off, but the next time someone says something cross about a product a mod owns it'll all start back up. Those are the people that don't need to be mods. I'm a moderator on a local forum and when someone states their opinion about something I own, that's their opinion and I don't go closing threads and pout about it.

cmtaylor777
05-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Wow. Wish I hadn't have missed all of this.

Moderators, unfortunately is a necessary evil in a forum. I mean....we all want things to run smoothly. But....all in all.....Moderators need to stick to their job and leave opinions out of it. As a result, the site looses members that give great contributions.. Jonyb has helped me several times in the past and its a shame to lose the insight he brings.

Just saying.....