PDA

View Full Version : LakeWakes Group Buy

wolfeman131
05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey SC Brothers (and Sisters),

I've posted before on the Moomba boards that I like the LakeWakes surf style boards. I had tried to get a board sharing program together on the Moomba board but it flopped, so I decided to contact LakeWakes and inquire about a Moomba group buy. I was able to get one set up and one of the Supra folks asked if Supra owners could get in on it too. LakeWakes gave the OK, so here you go!

Call or email LakeWakes and tell them you want in on the MOOMBA2011 group buy (you can also use this discount code on the website when ordering). For only $375 + shipping, you will get your choice of the 4.3 board (ladies/big kid's), the 4.8 board (men's board for those under 200 lbs) or the 5.2 board (men's board for those over 200 lbs). All of these will have the diamond tail design and the XTrack traction.

Also, LakeWakes is going to make this part of the TRADE IN PROGRAM. This program lets the original owner trade in their old board within 1 yr of purchase and receive a $200 credit towards the purchase of a new board.

These boards are custom built here in the good ole' USA, they ride fantastic, are reasonably priced and very durable. I put together a fairly simple design for the board:
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Moomba/Slide1-3.jpg

dusty2221
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
For anyone that has never ridden a hand-shaped surf style foam board, you have no clue what you are missing. Jump on this deal, you won't regret it!

sybrmike
05-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Looks like a great deal on a hand shaped, made in USA, board with good reviews. Will these have the ballistic cloth & how durable are they really? I've heard/seen too many tragic outcomes with fragile high performance foam boards. Any idea how thick the 4.8 is?

In the bubble
05-23-2011, 07:53 PM
The Lakewakes boards are laminated in a vacuum bag and are able to use a thicker glass schedule then your normal surfboard lamination. They also use a 3# foam instead of a 2 or less # foam . The 4.8/200 board is 1.875 thick and weight range is 200# rider. This board weighs under 5# with traction.

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey All,

Thought I'd check back in and see what you all thought of the group buy and to share some pics & video from Memorial Day weekend. I'm surprised there haven't been more replies/questions/comments. Supra owners surf, right? :)

Anyway, I got the board the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. The water was busy and choppy, but the board rode great! It's fast down the line even with the smallish wave I get with my Outback V, but can still carve great for a fun ride. Got a lot of compliments on the looks of it too. Nice and clean.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/SANY0248.jpg

When I picked up my new board, Mark asked if my girls would demo his new GROM board. The video below is my 9 yr old. Again, this was over Memorial Day weekend in some real choppy water. She really liked the board! It was fast and carved easily for her. She weighs just around 65 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGn-ZS5N40

So, LakeWakes has added the GROM to the 2011 Moomba Group Buy!!

For US customers only (sorry, my Great White North Brothers) you can get this board for your kiddos for only $315 DELIVERED. This is an awesome price to get a great board for your little ones to learn on.

dusty2221
06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Your killin me.

sybrmike
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
She looks great back there. Instead of worrying about how to fit another 1000 lbs of ballast, maybe we should figure out a way to get our body weight down to match her 65#'s - lots more available wave to work with at the lighter weight :p

Mark's building a Supra version for me now - looked like a heck of a deal for a hand shaped foam board & the 4.8 fits nicely between the 4.4 Coex and 5.6 Shredder ocean board. He's also providing a set of XTrak pads at cost to fit on the 5.6. Can't wait...

dusty2221
06-02-2011, 03:44 PM
indeed it is.

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Your killin me.

sorry, bro! why don't you head off to one of those medical places where you can sell some bodily fluids for a couple bucks and get in on this deal?

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 04:41 PM
She looks great back there.

THANKS! She has really taken to it since we switched from the Liquid Force Venture and Hyperlite Broadcast boards to the LakeWakes board. This is only her 2nd season of wakesurfing, so we're all real excited to see how far she can progress this year.

Make sure to post up a pic of your board when you get it!

dusty2221
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
sorry, bro! why don't you head off to one of those medical places where you can sell some bodily fluids for a couple bucks and get in on this deal?

I'll start a buy me a board fund.

:D

sybrmike
06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's what the Supra version looks like. I opted for red traction pads, but you can also get blue. Appears to be well made & plenty stiff (definitely doesn't feel as fragile as some foam boards I've seen), yet still lightweight.

Now, do I spend my free time (if I can find any :() bumming rides or finishing my rebuild to see how it performs? Decisions, decisions...

In the bubble
06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I think Dusty will give you a ride as long as he can try it. Mike the board will be fast so keep your back foot on the kick pad, then move up as needed.A board with little flex will keep its rocker line and make the board fa;)st to ride and charge up the wake to get air. If you already know how to ride then leave the center fin out , also you can buy Sg415 fins ( super grom) that are smaller to make board slide easier.