PDA

View Full Version : 89 comp - tandem rig!

azcummins
02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Here's my 89 comp refurbished from the factory. I added the Monster tower and the custom hitch so that I can bring my filming water craft with me...

azcummins
02-16-2005, 12:29 AM
hmmm...looks like you have to click on the pic name to see it...

Juice75
02-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Nice! What did it cost you to have it refurbed from the factory? And what did they do to it?

mfmtb01
02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Is it legal to tow two boats at one time?

azcummins
03-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Juice75- cost to refurb @ factory - $7k. they did everything but rebuld the motor and replace the vinyl. Replacing the vinyl was another $1800 b/c I had to rebuild the seat frames. The motor is actually fine, it just needed a carb rebuild.

mfmtb01- Its legal to tow tandem rigs, at least here out west. I see people doing it all the time. I checked the DOT website and I didn't find anything that says you can. Of course, the websites are so poorly laid out, I might have overlooked the rules...

89 TS6 Comp
09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Your boat looks great... (I've got the same paint scheme so it looks a lot like mine from a distance)

I'm interested in the 'refurb' work you had completed at the factory. My '89 Comp has got very low hours(247) but a very soft floor and needs other interior work.

Since I may need professionsal help on the floors, how would I go about contacting the "factory". How long ago did they do this service for you? What kind of time frame was involved, etc...

You trailered it from Colorado to Tennessee..!!! Wow... Final question.

Was it worth it...???!!!

Thanx for your time,

Phil:)