PDA

View Full Version : blower motors..HELP...

ludacris
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I Need Help With Blower Motor Issue..87 SUPRA COMP TS6M..i Have The Under The Rear Seat...( Does The Vent Hose Just Hang Loose In The Bottom Of The Floor.??) And The One By The Engine...were And How Do The Vent Hoses Connect To It...( Does It Pull From The Front Or The Rear....) Had A Guy Working On My Boat...he Did Such A Bad,slow Job...that I Picked It Up...before He Finished....now Im Trying To Figure Out ....some Of The Stuff He Left Undone....any Tips.....thanks.. ( TRYING TO GO OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEK..) WHAT TO MAKE SURE THE BLOWERS AND VENTS ARE WORKING AND IN THE PROPER PLACE.......

86skisupra
05-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I have a 1986 ski supra, just bought it from a guy who was a slob. Boats is good shape, just needs tlc. Can anyone tell me where the blower motor and the bilage pump is located?

ludacris
05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
My Blower Motors Are In Two Locations...one Should Be On The Passenger Side Behind The Back Seat...( Remove The Back Seat...you Should See It.) ...and The Other Should Be On The Driver Side....under The Motor....pull The Motor Cover....and You Should See It Down There Somewhere...by The Driver Seat...on The Floor...you Should Have A Small Round Plastic Lid......lift That Off ...and Look In ....you Should See Your Bilge Pump..if It Is Like Mine....hope This Helps....

NeilMcg
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Although I don't have a Comp, but a SunSport, I'm sure they're similar. The first blower (engine compartment) is usually on the right side somewhere near the front motor mount. On the intake side (at least on mine) there is about a 5 inch section of loose hose that is screwed to the inboard stringer just above the floor. That allows any vapor that has sunk to the bottom to be instantly sucked out, then transported aftward through the hose connected to the other side of the blower all the way to the rear exhaust vent.

The other blower should be located in the back to vent any vapor from re-fueling issues (leak in tank or accidental overfilling,) and acts in the same way. You also may notice a total of 4 exhaust vents in the back. The other 2 are exhaust ports for the airflow coming from the front intakes while your under way.

FYI - I added a 3rd blower. This one feeds directly into the front bulkhead area to keep it aerated and hopefully keep moisture down to a minimum. I then drilled a drainage hole in the diagonal front aspect of the bilge (in front of the pump) to allow both drainage for water as well as an an escape for the additional air flowing around the front bulkhead area. I figured that since there are drainage holes in the stringers...why not?

There was an accident in Lake Erie during Memorial day where a boat exploded while re-fueling. The Captain was killed and 2 were seriously burned. Nothing to play around with.