PDA

View Full Version : PCM GM 454 wiring question for the beast

Yama1
05-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I just got an 82 Beast 454 closed bow as my advice post described. I am in the process of rewiring the boat and have a few general questions. I was able to get an engine wiring harness from PCM. They actually had some old stock of the GM gen iv 454 8 pin rectangular connector.
For the most part seems to fit in all the locations. I have not been able to find a decent wiring diagram to fit the bill as Supras files from 89 and earlier were destroyed.
I'll get to the question. Just to be sure here is a pic. There are 2 branches red and orange 10/12 Ga I believe. The red appears to connect the other side of the 40A circuit breaker and the orange is off the alternator. What is the correct connection for the alt feed? The I off the solenoid or with the circuit breaker. The ring terminal is too small for the battery feed of the solenoid. The black is ground and the white off the solenoid runs back to the S at the starter.

When I get the console, I just need to verify a few pins??????
- Red 10 Ga - power terminal for various things
- Purple - Hot off the ignition???
- Yellow/Red - Hot off of starter ig switch.

Thanks for the help

wotan2525
05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't have your answer off the top of my head.... but... search for a nautique engine manual from the same vintage. There's a website that has them and they have wiring diagrams for the PCM engines.

OUI
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Here's a wiring diagram. Hope it helps.