PDA

View Full Version : Late May Picture Thread?

chrisk
05-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Even though it's getting pretty late I thought I'd start a last minute May picture thread.

Took my boat on a bachelor party for a buddy of mine to Lake Pleasant in Wisconsin. Awesome weekend minus the rain all day Saturday and golf ball sized hail Sunday afternoon.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz345/chriskuecker/photo9.jpg

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz345/chriskuecker/photo8.jpg

supramariah#1
05-24-2011, 05:48 AM
I will have some in a few days!

Those hail balls are what scares me. Ouch on the head. We have had some crazy weather. Hail at this time a year is very regular in CO.

csuggs
05-24-2011, 10:49 AM
So you guys in Wisconsin are able to hit the water before those of us in West Virginia - go figure. Our weather has sucked this year! That pic of your boat on the lake is beautiful!

Okie Boarder
05-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice. I second what Clint said...that is a beautiful shot!

wotan2525
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
So you guys in Wisconsin are able to hit the water before those of us in West Virginia - go figure. Our weather has sucked this year! That pic of your boat on the lake is beautiful!

Not all of us. Water is still too high here for me to get my boat in. Water temp is @ 63F, though... so..... should be surfing this weekend!

Ptownkid
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
I keep finding myself feeling really bad for you guys where the water is "too high" to get a boat in the water. Something sounds incredibly wrong and ironic with that statement.

cadunkle
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not in a flooded region, but I think the high water levels themselves would only be a minor logistical problem. It's rather all the "insurance claims" floating around from the flood waters that would be a greater problem.

wotan2525
05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I keep finding myself feeling really bad for you guys where the water is "too high" to get a boat in the water. Something sounds incredibly wrong and ironic with that statement.

The water level here crested at 11ft above our "normal" level. Right now it is still dropping almost 6" per day. Many of the good boat launches can accommodate our fluctuating water level, but I don't think I've ever seen one that can handle a variation of 11+ ft! Even then -- there is so much stuff submerged (park benches, railings, docks, playground equipment, etc) that it's hard to even navigate the shoreline.

Of course -- I'd rather take 11ft ABOVE normal than the 25+ ft below normal that some places in Texas hit last year.

Ptownkid
05-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah, that's a big difference...we see a 6-7 foot rise and fall on our lake every year, but we're all equipped to handle that as it is intentionally done.

Supra-in-steamboat
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Truly impressive hail bombs... Holy S***!

cadunkle
05-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, that's a big difference...we see a 6-7 foot rise and fall on our lake every year, but we're all equipped to handle that as it is intentionally done.

I can top that, I see a 6-7 foot rise and fall where I ride twice a day... Tidal river. Sucks because the ramps I normally use are not usable at low tide so I always have to check tides and schedule my day around that. One of the spots I ride can get to 3-4 feet at low tide. Kind of hairy but if you know the spot well you have it to yourself at low tide since no one wants to chance it. Still waiting for that $1200 "oops" :rolleyes: