PDA

View Full Version : info on 1993 supra mariah

tjuggy
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
I am trying to sell a moomba right now but I am looking at a 1993 supra mariah can anyone tell me about them good, bad,are they electronic ignition what to look for two of my friends have 1990 models and have never had any trouble out of them

haugy
05-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Much better than the 1990 models. Hands down. I know because I just sold my 1990 model Mariah. It was in pristine shape, but it still has wood. At some point, it will eventually need to be replaced.

No wood stringers, no wood floor, all fiberglass so no rot problems. The rest is just a few cosmetic changes, and electronic ignition. But having no rot concerns is a HUGE leap towards awesome. The dash is different, and I do prefer the older style, but it's still very nice.

Since you don't have to worry about rot concerns, just make sure the interior is well kept. Even though the floors may not rot, there is a lot on the boat that can still suffer water damage. Check the engine for rust spots, and make sure the seats are all good and dry and well kept. The rest is just making sure it runs good, and everything is in order. Check all electronic switches, and I mean all of them.

Good luck, pics?

tjuggy
05-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info I actually called you about yours about a month ago but I could not get my moomba sold in time

I had heard that there were a few years in the mid 90's that weren't such a good quality boat because supra changed owners a couple of times, is that true if so what years were those?

haugy
05-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey bud, sorry I didn't get to sell ya mine. Make sure you list your Moomba in our Classifieds on here.

I know that a majority of 97-2000 owners have had electrical issues. Now this does not mean everyone, but I know many people in those year ranges who have been somewhat dissatisfied with their Supra's build quality. Many of these owners had earlier models 89-92's, so after coming from such great workhorses that were built to last (obviously), the bar was set very high to match.

But I've had to repair many 98's/99's/00's with minor things that should'nt have needed repair. Nothing major, and the boats were very solid and well built. But a few of the layout designs of the electrical systems could have used some changes. In 2002 many of those changes were made and fixed.

The early model 90's are very well built, and many are still rocking today.

tjuggy
05-26-2011, 04:01 PM
the one I am looking at has a pro boss 351 350 horse do you know anything about those?

haugy
05-26-2011, 07:13 PM
351w with the GT-40 heads. Yeah, great motors. Solid and powerful.

tjuggy
05-27-2011, 12:34 PM
thanks you are like a book of supra info.

BigCity444
05-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Crossing my fingers saying this but never had a problem with my '92. We have had it since day 1.