PDA

View Full Version : Thermal breakers popping

CarZin
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Still sorting out some of the gremlins on the 09 21V.

Actually, one thermal breaker is popping (far back one). We are running on the dual battery setup on '1' on the switch.

I was on a night cruise the other night with the courtesy lights on, heater on, nav/anchor lights on, and stereo on, with periodic spotlight use. The thermal breaker popped.

This is the second time this has happened. Previously, had the same thing during the day with the heater and stereo on.

Have put 40 hours on the boat, and its popped twice. Anyone else have this problem?

OUI
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
My Saltare had a slight bend in the rear skeg. Because of the turbulence generated from that, I couldn't run anything other than a 14 X 14 without it over reving. Too much cavitations. I removed the bent skeg, put on a 13 X 13 and it delivers 4,200 to 4,400 rpm at a little over 42 mph. I’m happy.

docdrs
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Thermal breaker??? you mean the ones under the dash???? I had this prob and swapped it with another and no prob since. The one you have in there may be a little weak and popping prematurely. try a swap

CarZin
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
The thermal breakers are underneath the left dash right by the battery switch. They have a red button on them. When they trip, a black lever comes down. You cannot reset them until they cool down.