PDA

View Full Version : First ride tomarrow.. oldskoolers check this out and tell me what ya think..

dshaff24
05-27-2011, 08:41 AM
86 sunsport

400lb fat SAC
600LB SAC
100lb of weights

Compartments are full so everthing will be in the open except the 100 lb weights

All sacs are like a barrel..

There will also be 4 people on the boat all wieghing a max of of all 4 weighing 550lbs..

This is what im thinking..

400lb sac behind motor in front of bench seat
600lb sac laying on the passengerside over the sundeck/bench
100lb weights up front under the bow area

my buddy @ 200 lbs by the 600 lb sac
one girl in the bow and My lady driving

Wish me luck.. IF YOU HAVE A suggestion please post up

Okie Boarder
05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
You could put the 600 and 400 on either side of the engine. Put the 400 on the driver side and balance the weight with the other weights and people.

wotan2525
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM
You could put the 600 and 400 on either side of the engine. Put the 400 on the driver side and balance the weight with the other weights and people.

I think that you think he's weighting it for wakeboarding.... He's trying to surf.

It sounds like you're on the right track. You might have to play around with where people are sitting but you should have enough weight for a good wake. Let us know!

Newbie girl
05-27-2011, 08:59 PM
well I don't know about "old schoolers" but see my post on 86 sunsport ballast for what worked for us.

dshaff24
06-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Ok.. I know im not to informative on this subject.. but this is what I did

200 lbs of weights under the open bow
Driver.. mid seat.. and pass up in a row
one person hang on the rear side
600lb bag laying along rear bench behind motor
400lb bag laying along the pass side motor

and to be honest.. I got nothing @ 11mph.. im sure im doing something wrong..

05supra24ssv
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Ok.. I know im not to informative on this subject.. but this is what I did

200 lbs of weights under the open bow
Driver.. mid seat.. and pass up in a row
one person hang on the rear side
600lb bag laying along rear bench behind motor
400lb bag laying along the pass side motor

and to be honest.. I got nothing @ 11mph.. im sure im doing something wrong..

I would suggest getting ALL the weight you have as far in the back corner you are aurfing as possible, before you even start just floating there the boat should be leaning to the surf side, my boats totally different than yours but ive had lots of boats and the swim grid is always at least a few inches under the water on the surf side.

From my personal experience i always get the weight in the rear corner first and get the wave tall, then once you get that you can play around mostly by adding more weight to that side but further forward to stretch the wake out so you have a longer pocket.

jet
06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
For surfing you really cant start surfing untill you get close to the 1500-2000lb mark other wise you will just have to hold on to the rope, thats still fun though. Also you have to make sure that all of the people in the boat are also siting to the surf side otherwise they are taking away from your offset weight. This weekend we had 1300-1400 lbs plus like 10 passengers so we were over the 2000 lb mark plus the wedge. : ))

dshaff24
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Round 3 this weekend.. I need to take just my friends out with me instead of my girl and lil boy.. Its tough with my lil one on there trying to do anything other then playing! Im going to figure this out!