PDA

View Full Version : What size are stock ballast bags in an 08 22ssv

ditchsnake
05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
New more weight in the back for surfing. What weight are the stock bags and what size can I fit in the rear lockers. Also will I have to get a larger center bag. Thanks

Fman
05-28-2011, 10:09 PM
New more weight in the back for surfing. What weight are the stock bags and what size can I fit in the rear lockers. Also will I have to get a larger center bag. Thanks

Stock is 400 lbs, I know you can fit the 750's with no problem, I had them in my 22 SSV. I believe you might even be able to fit the 1100 in there, or at least get more weight than the 750 would allow.

ditchsnake
05-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Stock is 400 lbs, I know you can fit the 750's with no problem, I had them in my 22 SSV. I believe you might even be able to fit the 1100 in there, or at least get more weight than the 750 would allow.

Did you have the fat sacs and did you need to extend the feed tubes. Thanks

Diggs
05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
You can put 650's or 750's in there no problem and will just use your current plumbing. Make sure you put a larger (pref 1150lb) bag up front to counteract the wake or you will be running too much weight in the back and it will be too steep and crumble when you want to wakeboard....

ditchsnake
05-30-2011, 09:14 PM
so where is the best place to buy them?

Diggs
05-31-2011, 01:35 PM
You can try your local supra dealer or give a call over to wakemakers. They will know everything! http://www.wakemakers.com/

ditchsnake
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
You can put 650's or 750's in there no problem and will just use your current plumbing. Make sure you put a larger (pref 1150lb) bag up front to counteract the wake or you will be running too much weight in the back and it will be too steep and crumble when you want to wakeboard....

Thank you.

Fman
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM

The fill line on my '08 was not long enough to accomodate the taller 750 lb bags. You will need to make sure its long enough or it could rip the fitting off the bag when fully charged with water. Its a simple fix, one 3/4" double male barbed fitting and about 1 foot of 3/4" ballast line.

For wakeboarding I would just fill the 750's up until the front 400 lb bag was filled. This made the wakeboard wake do-able. I could never dial in the port side wake on my 22, it always crumbled/washed out on me unless I was riding at 24 MPH. From 16-22 MPH wake was always washed out on port side.

Diggs
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Go with the 650's then. They are a longer bag and take more weight towards the front. That is really what this boat needs (weight up front) anyway.

Fman
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Go with the 650's then. They are a longer bag and take more weight towards the front. That is really what this boat needs (weight up front) anyway.

For surfing, wouldn't the 1100 lb bag be better for him? The more weight in the ski locker the better the wake. At least that has been my experience with surfing, could he purchase a 1100 lb bag that would fit in the front bow area? I had the walk thru, so I only could fit the 400 lb bag in the center bow area. Maybe this is why my wakeboard wake was always a problem, If I could have had the 1100 lb bag might have helped out.

Diggs
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Fman
You hit the nail on the head. Never wanted to battle about your wake issues, but it all comes down to more weight up front. The poster has an SSV which always has a playpen (yours was a sunsport with walkthrough I believe). The playpen is the best in my opinion cause it allows for more weight up front. You can fit an 1100 bag up front. If you run all that weight in the back with no large bags in the front your wake will be too steep. Steep = more sensitive to speed and side to side weight.
Yes having a 1100 bag in the rear would probably work, but it is not great to use for wakeboarding cause if you are trying to estimate how much water is in the rear bags you are never going to be correct and you will have that side to side sensitivity. If he was only gonna surf and never wakeboard then I would say yeah!!!!

I still think the perfect set up for that boat is the 1150 up front. More lead (200-300lbs) up front and then 650's in the back and still keep your passengers forward in the boat. If you don't want to move the passengers forward, then keep stock bags in the back. I liked the 650's in the back cause it gives you a good base for surfing. I would also just move my lead back there and people. Always very solid...

Just my 2 cents though...
It can be a very sensitive boat, but once you figure it all out you can rock it....