PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast your Music

Louisiana21v
05-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Here's a little trick I found with a RF Transmitter. A few times a year we have parties on the water where several boats tie up togather. Either everyone tries to play their music over each other, or one boat has to blast their system for everyone to hear. I installed a RF Transmitter that broadcasts on fm frequencies. I broadcasts whatever I'm playing about 75 feet. Anyone within range can tune it in. It works great and is only about $30.
I'm using the Myron and Davis ANT 188. Here's a pic.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cxxwWQW4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hagman
05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
I experimented with that idea for a couple of summers. I tried several brands the sound quality wasn’t good enough to satisfy most people. I found one on line called the hole house transmitter it works the best so fare. When I hooked it up to the power antenna on the bow of the boat it works even better. I got a second one for the house, hooked up to the computer now I can lesson to on line radio all through out the house form all over the world. My wife likes Mike and Amy in the morning.

Louisiana21v
05-30-2011, 04:19 PM
You are right about sound quality, it is dependant on where you place the transmitter and the way you hook it up. Mine is mounted to the underside of the glovebox lid. When the lid is open the transmitter is open to the air. The volume is variable also. I need to have my volume at a decent level for others to receive well. If you aren't using your subwoofer RCA's then hook to them and crank the sub volume to max, it will put out better then.

BadbluSi
05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Is this the easiest way to accomplish this? We were just talking about this over the holiday weekend as 14 boats all played something different!! Any advice for a noob at this??

Louisiana21v
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I would say for sure this is the easiest. Hook up power, ground and plug in RCAs and your done. I've searched the internet for something more powerful but the price jumps straight into the hundreds. For $40 this is a good place to start. I've had good luck with it.