PDA

View Full Version : Call me Crazy.. But What do you think I should SELL my Supra for If I decided to?

dshaff24
05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020323.jpg

Ive got a Crazy amount of time and Money into this boat.. and I love it.. But I found a 2002 launch for a great price that I might be interested in.. They might not sell it till the end of July.. But anyway Im just looking to see what everyone thinks I should sell it for it I decide to..

NEW everything.. Motor and trans has 426 Hours on it as of yesterday.. Everything works great.. Everything is less then 30 hours on it Since Complete rebuild from stringers.Engine upgrades and maintence,Custom made Sunbrella Cover for boat with velcro around Tower and hidden flaps for tie downs.. Stickers..stereo system.. LED lighting.. fresh interior.. List would go on forever! Underwater LED lights.. Shine 20+feet.. Shiney Hull! custom steering wheel.. LCD display for the radio where the tach was.. mp3 cd ipod controls with remote.. I could go on forever.. instead ill post some quick pics..

The Bad is the Trailer still needs some love.. I painted it and put led lighting on it but I need tires for it and to weld the fender on it.. Which I might still finish

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/12150833/389698605.jpg this pic is with out the side decals and the first trip out

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020700.jpgThis pic shows the BAD.. Missing trailer fender! I have it I just got to get it on!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020699.jpg

Click the Link in my Signiture to see all the work in progress

dshaff24
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/396734719.jpg

Pic of the interior fresh from the interior shop.. 20 days ago

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020698.jpg lighted cooler..

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020759.jpg

All new gauges..steering wheel.. Tint.. Everything black was powdercoated.. Tower.. Seat base.. window frame.. Swim deck braces..

Swim deck was professionally Sprayed with LineX bedliner..

I didn't spare anything....

dshaff24
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020798.jpg under water LED's..

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/23797808/397020796.jpg

Please im just looking to see what your average Joe would pay for something like this.. Not looking to BANK.. Just looking to see what you guys feel someone trying to get into a all ready Done 86 Supra Sunsport..I allready know I got way more into the boat then Id ever get back

dshaff24
05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
New switch panel.. New front red/green Light and New led rear pole light for night time. New Blower.. New fuel line.. new filters.. new acc belts.. new electronic distributor.. new plugs and wires.. New carpet! new Polk 6x9's..Polk MM tower speakers.. kenwood Amp..clarion cd mp3 ipod deck.. New bilge with built in float.. new rear chrome Vent covers from newer supra's.. Newvent hoses!.. new fuel filler hose! new Fuel FILLer gas lid.. honestly the only thing thats not new is the motor and trans.. But it has low hours.. Maintance records.. and it was my nieghbor's down deepcreek maryland and he was a maintaince freak and only used the boat for joy rides.. I got instructions on how to maintence this boat that he personaly wrote and the OEM factory manuals! Boat purchased new 22k in 86 reciepts.. letters from mr fowler ..

I believe this is all I can think of at the moment! Thanks

DGREEN
05-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Don't do it!!! Although I myself got tempted recently by an 04 24v!

wotan2525
05-31-2011, 01:24 AM
The bad news is that it's worth a lot less than you have into it. Don't kid yourself -- you'll have to dump some money into that Launch to get it to where this one is.

I haven't seen one yet that has sold for over $12 - 14k. I'd think you would be in that range.

michael hunter
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
I understand the lure to buy a newer boat. They have so many upgrades and feathers that weren't even thought of in the 80s. When I was shopping I thought about selling my baby. After careful consideration I came to this conclusion. I will never get what the boat is worth to me. I would NEVER find another one like the one I have . Like a classic car you have a piece of history. It will always attract attention and compliments from all. Go ahead and buy the newer boat but KEEP your old girl or you will forever regret selling her.

DAFF
05-31-2011, 08:29 AM
What can the new boat do better than the old??? Just the balast tanks. You have put too much into the boat without truly enjoying it. I would drive it this summer and keep my eye open for a bargain in the fall. If you can try a newer one out this summer before you purchase.

dshaff24
05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
honestly I love this boat.. Im just checking my options and what the average person looking for a restored boat would pay for this.. Honestly Id figure Id ask 14k and just see what happens IF I decide to sell.. Anybody feel thats to much?

wotan2525
05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
honestly I love this boat.. Im just checking my options and what the average person looking for a restored boat would pay for this.. Honestly Id figure Id ask 14k and just see what happens IF I decide to sell.. Anybody feel thats to much?

I don't think there's any way to know at this point. There's only one hull-up restoration that I've seen go on sale and it's still sitting for sale. Is it worth $14k to the right buyer? Absolutely. Is that buyer going to be difficult to find? Absolutely. It's all about how quickly you need to sell it to get into that Launch. I think you can sell it for 14k but it might take some time just because it's a buyers market right now. I just checked over at onlyinboards and there is certainly NOT a lot of options in an open bow boat for under $15k. That means it may be worth even more than 14k to the right buyer? I'm not sure!

Okie Boarder
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I would say $12-14K is reasonable, but it will take the right buyer as was already said. You probably won't sell it quickly. I agree with michael...keep it and buy the other one if you really want it.

dshaff24
05-31-2011, 09:58 PM
How about this.. List it high.. and if it sells or not will tell me if i really need a different boat! I don't need.. or really have to sell it.. I just kinda lucked into finding a like new launch for a good price.. So if it would work out then so be it.. if it doesn't then ill just keep cruising it..

I just put the cover on it a minute ago and was like in heaven sitting in it.. lol my luck Id find a buyer and then not be able to part with it..

dickboxers
05-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Love the boat. Keep it. I would only give 10,000 because i'm not rich. Even though it is way worth more. I say list it high and if someone gives you that then decide. nice boat. keep it. The old boats are awesome, espeacilly when you go by a $50,000 boat and throw better tricks.

supra wacko
06-01-2011, 06:44 AM
I agree with Dickboxers, Your boat looks awsome I wish I had one like that.

Have loads of fun with it.

Greetzz

csuggs
06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Hmmm. That's a tough one man. Many times have I sold something then later wished I still had it . . . Like my 67 Mustang, and my nearly perfect 83 Suburban - you can't replace stuff like that. When I decided to have my Sunsport rebuilt I made a concious decision before-hand that it would be a keeper. I would never get my money out of it, so I decided that I would try to do everything right so that I would be happy with it over time . . .
I hate to see you sell her with all that work you've got into the job and it's soooooo nice. I'd be afraid of having regrets. Keep it, then look for a newer one in a few years - maybe then you'll be able to afford both or at least be able to keep the Sunsport in the family.
If you've got to rush to make the deal, it's probably not a great deal. And if you're having second thoughts now, just think about how you'll probably feel when she's gone!
As for a value for your Sunsport - it would definitely take the right buyer. Most people I know looking to spend that much on a boat want something newer. A buddy of mine recently bought a 2000 Mastercraft V-drive with around 200 hours for $20K - no wood. Just sayin'

cadunkle
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I would think realistic offers you might get, around $10k. My gut instinct when I look at it, I think around $10k-$12k. Pictures of the floor/stringer rebuild will be a selling point and eliminate people's worries of having to do it again any time soon.

For me, things like fancy stereo equipment, colored lighting, etc. do nothing to the value of a boat. Things like coating a teak platform or drastic modifications from classic styling decrease value. Doesn't matter if it's easily reversible or not.

When I was looking last year the things I did value was a tower, Perfect Pass and a good cover, and was willing to raise my offer for those items, ballparked around 50% of the cost of adding them myself. The boat I bought had none of these, needed the interior finished, but did have newer engine, stringers, and floors. My offer reflected what needed to be finished to get it to where I wanted it to be.

DGREEN
06-02-2011, 01:01 AM
I am a prime example of the lucky one in this type of situation dshaff, the fella that sold me his boat had poured his blood sweat tears and $$'s into my boat. He had over 17k into it and I drove away with it for $8500. Ur boat is soo sweet, I'd at least give it a few seasons. These new boats are super sweet and highly appealing but really they are a dime a dozen. Ur boat is one in a million. Just a fellow Sunsport owner's opinion. Those sweet Vdrives will always be around.

dshaff24
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I am a prime example of the lucky one in this type of situation dshaff, the fella that sold me his boat had poured his blood sweat tears and $$'s into my boat. He had over 17k into it and I drove away with it for $8500. Ur boat is soo sweet, I'd at least give it a few seasons. These new boats are super sweet and highly appealing but really they are a dime a dozen. Ur boat is one in a million. Just a fellow Sunsport owner's opinion. Those sweet Vdrives will always be around.

you all got some good points.. I still have to get the trailer finished before Id ever let anyone take it so I got some time