PDA

View Full Version : wake questions

dickboxers
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Took the boat out for the first time this year and me and my buddy both noticed that the wake wasn't as good as it was last year. We should have had enough wieght. The wind was horrible so the lake was rougher than normal. Could that have been why?

Okie Boarder
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Rough water can mess with the lake. Did you have anything else that was different?

chrisk
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Depth can change the wake too, if you were in significantly shallower water the wake would be shorter.

dickboxers
05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Everything should be the exact same as last year. i even had a full tank. The lake is about 7 feet low because lack of rain down here in the texas coast, so we are probably running in lower water than normal.

jet
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
You need to be running in at least 8'-10' so that the bottom of the lake doesnt effect your wake. Think of how your boat would push the water down..it would curl under the boat and then push back up. If you flatten that curl it wont peak for you. We were surfing this weekend at Texoma and went thru some sand bar areas and the wave just disappered. It was the 1st time I have seen that. But still..ADD MORE WEIGHT!! Thats the answer!!