PDA

View Full Version : New board help

dickboxers
06-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Used my buddies board this weekend and liked it. I have a beginners board that i got last year for my first year in the grind. Got an email special with some good deals on boards plus an extra 50% off bindings. Got me thinking upgrade. I ride a Liquid force trip at the moment and these are the boards that caught my eye from the website.

Byerly Wakeboards Monarch Wakeboard 2009
Liquid Force Watson Press Wakeboard 2009

Has anyone ever rode one of these. What does the press mean. ALso it only comes in a size 144?

dickboxers
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
ok. i see people veiwing but no writing. Any ideas on a good board to get. I dont want the middle fin, and also a board with great pop. Whats your favorite board to ride.

Ptownkid
06-03-2011, 10:33 AM
The press is a rail board, with flex in the tip and tail for doing...presses.

The unfortunate part here is that no one can tell you what you will like...but I can give you some advice. Pick a board is the right size, evogear.com has sizing guidelines, use them. More rocker = more pop, but unless you are a very solid rider, you don't want a board with a ton of pop, try and find one with a subtle to mid rocker.

Good luck!

Ptownkid
06-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I should add...I personally like CWB boards, they have a 4 fin system that give you a lot of versatility in dialling in how you want the board to ride.

cmtaylor777
06-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Check out slingshot .com. They have a killer deal on last year models. Bindings and boards. Picked my combo up for 349.

Flex boards are where everyone is drifting to and slinshot is a top of the line flex.

wotan2525
06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Check out slingshot .com. They have a killer deal on last year models. Bindings and boards. Picked my combo up for 349.

Flex boards are where everyone is drifting to and slinshot is a top of the line flex.

Have the flex boards gotten better? I've got an 08 Hyperlite Roam and have never really enjoyed it that much?

cmtaylor777
06-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Smoothest ride around. I have a Hyperlight Merek that I won't go back to.

Dusty rides a Slingshot as well. I'm sure he will attest to it. Great pop with butter landings.

What Issues did you have with yours?

wotan2525
06-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I think the one I have is probably too small for me. I can't get any pop out of it. It's fun to ride and goof around on but it just didn't work for me trying to jump it. I'm also not a very good wakeboarder so.... Don't listen to me!

Ptownkid
06-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Totally want one of those roams at some point...they look really fun and less chance of slamming hard by comparison to a traditional board. Cheap too!

dickboxers
06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
tell me more about these slingshot boards. i had my search narrowed down to a liquid force waston or shane.

Ptownkid
06-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Read this http://www.alliancewake.com/gear-guide/category/?aw_cid=20