PDA

View Full Version : Custom Colors

ilovetrains
03-03-2005, 03:00 PM
I looked at the 24 Sunsport at the boat show. First Supra boat I have looked at. My wife and had planned on buying a Malibu LSV this year, but are thinking about the Supra based the interior layout and price. My main gripe is that I cannot get a truly custom color combo. You are limited to three colors on the deck and hull.

So how about it Supra, I will pay the extra for custom colors, will you spray it?

Jon
03-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm assuming you are wanting a colored top deck and bottom hull. I'm glad that SC doesn't do it. Bottom hull you get scratches from debris in water, trailer bunks, etc and it looks REALLY Bad. White, platinum, and sandrock doesn't show it as well. Just think about a sandy bottom lake. When backing your boat off your trailer, you are throwing up sand and all sorts of stuff on to your bunks. When you load your boat back on your trailer its like running your boat on sandpaper.

On the top deck, same thing, you can scratch and ding it very easily with boards, ski equipment, etc.

Just my personal opinion though.

02LaunchSSV
03-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Not so sure. When I bought my '02, I was going to order a black hull with black deck but time frame put me at roughly 18 weeks for delivery so I opted for the standard white hull and LSU BLUE and YELLOW instead. Unless somethings changed in 2 years with SC, you can still do it. Check with your local dealer about a special order.

Jon
03-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I am a dealer, you can't do it.

ilovetrains
03-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Come on Supra! I am not concerned about scratches and will even sign any dang waiver you want not to make claims for gelcoat problems. Seriously, this is not that hard, I WILL PAY EXTRA!

burtog
05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
the other concern from SC is resale, waterblistering and scratches look bad when trying to resell, SC wants people to know and see that their product will last and look great for years to come. And no, they will not do custom colors/colored hulls. get solid white like i did.

cc-rider
06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
This is what I like about SC......they won't just follow Mastercraft and Malibu and I love that. Quality and performance is #1 at SC and they aren't doing stupid things at the expense of what they believe in. A boat belongs in the water (not on a trailer) where you don't see the hull. I can personally vouch for the scratching that goes on with the solid hull. My friend has a MC and every little scratch shows up and looks like streaks of scratches running down the hull.

I do think that the solid hull looks nice.....but anyone who buys this option is simply a pawn to the marketing departments at MC and Malibu. Although, if I were the SC marketing deptartment, I would probably exploit this trend and laugh all the way to the bank!!!

I am looking at a new v-drive and after researching every option I have, I just can't bring myself to consider anyone but SC. Best value in inboard boating.

Juice75
06-22-2005, 06:18 PM
But if it doesn't matter what a boat looks like on the trailer, only in the water, then why do scratches on the bottom matter? ;)