PDA

View Full Version : looking for my first wake board

Indiana Rob
06-01-2011, 01:33 PM
My wife and I have been long time boat owners and avid skiers. But in the past year we have both developed a interest to learn the art of wake boarding. We have noticed the going rate for a nice wake board is upwards of $300 +. We have been reluctant to spend that kind of money when we are not even sure if we will like wake boarding. Does anyone know of a good outlet to buy a used board? We are both athletic with small frames- fem-5"1" 115, male 5"9" 165lbs.

Thank you for any input you can give.
Rob

Ptownkid
06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Forget used...you can get killer packages at www.evogear.com with free shipping and they have some kind of amazing special going practically all the time. I got my CWB board and bindings last year for $400...it sells for $700 plus here.

KG's Supra24
06-01-2011, 02:02 PM
^ yep. shop the outlet on evogear.com. Look at the promotions in the banner across the top. If you don't like what you see, give it a couple weeks and a new promotion will appear across the top. That simple :D

Took a quick glance:

You: The Hyperlite B-side 2009 is a solid board espcially at that price. The 141 for your size.
Her: My wife has the Hyperlite Luna but I don't know much about the girl boards. The 131 for her size.

Those are two boards I saw at a quick glance. I'd also save yourself the headache of wanting new bindings soon and go ahead and grab some closed toe ones. Especially since they are the piece that is 50% off right now.

Indiana Rob
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you very much, I will be on their site today.

Salty87
06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
have either of you ridden a wakeboard much? you might try borrowing a friend's or renting first. boards are very subjective...some you will love, some you will hate. sucks to buy one and not like it.

Ptownkid
06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Quick comment on the binding things...definitely buy some good ones, but I bought open toe so i could share with others. One thing I love, are the velcro ones, easy in easy out. Also, CWB bindings have a latch at the back that makes in and out a breeze.

dickboxers
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
evo has a deal right now that you get 50% off bindings when you buy a board. But if you dont want to spend alot ebay is where i got my first board and binding for about $160 total.

Ptownkid
06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
That deal looks great on the surface...but depending on what you want or how picky you are, their outlet board/binding combos are still usually cheaper.

YMMV

KG's Supra24
06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
That deal looks great on the surface...but depending on what you want or how picky you are, their outlet board/binding combos are still usually cheaper.

YMMV

The deal is 50% of outlet bindings with the purchase of an outlet board.

Sluggo
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
One word. Craigslist.

Ptownkid
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
The deal is 50% of outlet bindings with the purchase of an outlet board.

I know...but it's possible that a pre-packaged board/binding combo (regular or outlet) may work out cheaper or as a better deal...