PDA

View Full Version : Best place to purchase new trailer tires?

dshaff24
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Ive been looking to get new tires put on my trailer.. Anybody have a website that is cheaper then the local tire shop?

Okie Boarder
06-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I haven't found decent online deals. I did just get one new tire from Discount Tire. They quoted me a price on a Carlisle...I shopped around other shops and found a better price on a cheaper brand tire and they got within $10 of matching it. That's about the best I've found.

wotan2525
06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I'd also be curious of cheap tires. My trailer only rolls about 150 miles per year but the inside of the tires are shot from uneven wear and the outside of the tires are shot from sun damage. They also seem too light for my beast of a salt.

Salty87
06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
stay away from carlisle's.

last time i bought for the trailer, the best i found was researching online and then calling NTB. they might not have them in stock but they can get just about whatever you want. they price match too. i'm drawing a blank on the brand i bought.

Blackntan90
06-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Just pulled the trigger on 5 'sure-trail' tires from Mr. tire. Went to wally-mart, where my buddy works doing tires and such, they carried the goodyears(made in china) but said NO WARRANTY! I said no thanks.Mr tire gave me a pro-rated warranty, just like on the car tires I rcently bought there. We will see how these 'sure-trails' hold up, my old set was very cracked from sun exposure, tread was fine.They came on the trailer when I bought tha boat about 10 years ago(10 years?) they where car tires(not recomended) I will use tire covers for storage for now on. Oh, they where about $75 each w/mount/balance for the 205-75-14 size.