PDA

View Full Version : 86 Supra comp NEED HELP WITH EVERYTHING!!!!

Wake Jumper 51
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
I have an 1986 supra comp that needs a lot of work and i have no idea where to start or where to look. The whole boat needs re-wired and fiberglass work. Where can i find maybe a manual or a good place or website to get parts? And somewhere i can find out what the stock parts are? this boat is a disaster!

cadunkle
06-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Skidim.com is a good one stop shop for most inboard parts. You'll have to be more specific for anything else you need help with.

Longitudinaldreamer
06-03-2011, 03:33 PM
US Composites for glassing supplies-hands down. If you need gelcoat matching, Gel Coat Products of Seattle are very helpful and the best price. Also, Spectrom Color for GC but they are pretty pricey...

NeilMcg
06-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Not trying at all to discourage you at all from this project, as I did the same thing. But since you said you have no idea where to start, I sense you're a novice. That's fine, but just be sure to read though these threads first as a lot of your questions have answers here. That way you can develop a reasonable plan. Just be prepared to spend a lot of time and $$, especially if you don't have the resources needed.

Here are some of the pitfalls that I encountered:

1. Inadequate place to work, with no heating and lighting. (Had to buy a heater and my own halogens and other lights)
2. Others willing to help.
3. Access to specialty tools.
4. Resource for lifting engine and deck.
5. DIDN'T TAKE ENOUGH PICTURES!!!!
6. Underestimation of the money involved. I'm 4K over budget and didn't even come close to tricking it out like I wanted.

But like I said, I did it and so can you, just do a lot of pre-planning and read these threads like crazy.

Feel free to ask me any questions....I'll tell you exactly what not to do

dshaff24
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Don't rig it.. Read EVERYpost on these forums about misc Job you want to accomplish so you know what your getting involved with! Oh and make sure you got lots of time and the funds.. because its killer on the bank account