PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a Bimini

haugy
06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
On my old Mariah, I had a New Dimensions tower with a 2001 Launch Bimini on it.

It was the cat's ass. It flipped down in front of the tower, was mounted on the sides of the tower, and looked great with the boat.

Now, I'm trying to do the same thing with the Saltare. But with a 99" beam, I'm pretty sure the old trick won't work. The Mariah had a 95" beam. while two inches on each side may not seem like a lot, pulling a bimini out the sides 4" total is a lot.

Are there any newer boats that have a 99" beam? The newer boats maybe in 24' size?

JonyB said his boat is 90" right behind the windshield.

Help me out guys, my tower is on order, and I need to have a bimini this year for the youngin. I just need to find a boat that will be close to the same setup. Were there any boats in 2000-2003 that were 24'? I don't remember.

wotan2525
06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
How about a monster cargo bimini?

haugy
06-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I've thought about it, but would prefer a closeable bimini like the Supra's. Plus they have the cover with the Supra logo when closed.

I may have to go with a monster bimini as a LAST RESORT only. They seem nice, I'm just not a fan of the solid cargo type.

wotan2525
06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I've got my original one. Do you want it? I've never even opened it. Couldn't tell you what condition or color it was in.

jet
06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Build one!! Im half way done with my drop down Z5 flat bimini..but Its on hold till later summer now. Heres where i got some of my tips. Jet

DIY Bimini:
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=87442&highlight=diy+bimini

haugy
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I've got my original one. Do you want it? I've never even opened it. Couldn't tell you what condition or color it was in.

How much do you want for it? Is it one of the original OEM white ones?

Jet, yeah I've seen that thread, and not knocking Stang's work, that isn't what I'm looking for.

I need to post the brochure that I have that came with this boat, you guys would not believe the biminis they offered. They offered full boat biminis that covered the whole boat.

Ptownkid
06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Mikey has the "tent" bimini...

Salty87
06-04-2011, 01:12 AM
i've got a trampoline style or non-folding, works good for me. i don't like the straps/rails that normally go with folding biminis. of course, in tx, either you need it all day or not at all. there's really no in between.

previous owner of mine must have had double biminis. there's hardware near the captn's chair and near the backseat....lots of hardware.

haugy...have you had this puppy on the water yet?

haugy
06-04-2011, 10:33 AM
i've got a trampoline style or non-folding, works good for me. i don't like the straps/rails that normally go with folding biminis. of course, in tx, either you need it all day or not at all. there's really no in between.

previous owner of mine must have had double biminis. there's hardware near the captn's chair and near the backseat....lots of hardware.

haugy...have you had this puppy on the water yet?

Do you have a pic of yours?

And the double biminis is the tent style. I'm going to post some pictures from a page in the original brochure that I got with my boat. It shows the fully enclosed tent. It's hilarious, but I actually would like that sometimes.

I'm redoing a lot of the criticals on the motor this weekend. Plugs, wire, cap, rotor, coil, carb, impeller, filters, etc. Hope to fire her up this weekend. If so, she'll take her maiden voyage shortly after. But I've got to wetsand her down fast. Taking it to ND next week for her upgrade.

Salty87
06-04-2011, 11:02 AM
a 'full' enclosure would be awesome.

my tower of power, lol. best shot i can find. it covers the dash fully and maybe a foot past the driver's seat.
it's bigger than it looks, especially storing it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/DSCF1141.jpg

here's another for size reference, mid-paint job

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/DSCF0229.jpg

wotan2525
06-04-2011, 08:06 PM
How much do you want for it? Is it one of the original OEM white ones?

I'm pretty sure it's OEM. Not sure on the color.... I think it's grey? You pay shipping and it's yours.