PDA

View Full Version : HSE Install analog tach wire

docdrs
06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I hooked up my HS E revolution sound controller yesterday and wow is it awesome. Since I have an 09 there is no analog tach wire at the helm so I had to run a wire from my motor up to the helm and h s e. There is the 16 wire engine harness that hooks into the boat harness which goes to the helm. In the engine harness there is a grey wire that is the indmar analog tach wire. On my 09 this wire does not go up to the helm so it is empty on the boat side of the harness connection. For now I just inserted my wire into the empty boat connector with some electrical tape until I get the proper pin to use. Running the wire up only took about 5 mins. I'll post some pics and and a short video when I get home.

pap
06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Please do!

I'm trying to install a Wetsounds WS 420 and I've got power, ground and all RCA cords hooked up, but I'm not getting any indication the unit is powering up. I guess I have to install the "remote on" wire, but not sure where it goes or why it needs to be on. I wired my unit to the accessory bus so it's getting power whenever the acc or on key is in position, but I guess the remote has to be set to something, and I"m not sure what.

wotan2525
06-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Please do!

I'm trying to install a Wetsounds WS 420 and I've got power, ground and all RCA cords hooked up, but I'm not getting any indication the unit is powering up. I guess I have to install the "remote on" wire, but not sure where it goes or why it needs to be on. I wired my unit to the accessory bus so it's getting power whenever the acc or on key is in position, but I guess the remote has to be set to something, and I"m not sure what.

The remote turn-on wire powers the unit on when it gets a +12v signal. Hook this up to your antenna lead on your head unit and it will turn the unit on every time the head-unit is on.

docdrs
06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Please do!

I hava an install thread ine how to section on moomba site. But you have run a wire over to your amps or head unit. The remote power is th blue wire running from the head unit to the amps. You can hook it up to either place as you are running wires to both places. I chose the head unit as its right where you hook up the ws input cables.

docdrs
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=docdrs#p/a/u/0/W8XxFb5nEyM

pap
06-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I hava an install thread ine how to section on moomba site. But you have run a wire over to your amps or head unit. The remote power is th blue wire running from the head unit to the amps. You can hook it up to either place as you are running wires to both places. I chose the head unit as its right where you hook up the ws input cables.

I read your install over there, I'm still not clear on how to run the wires.

Did you run 12V wires all the way over to the amps/battery area? I just ran them the 8 inches or so to the power bus right behind the steering column.

I guess I'm not clear on what the "remote" wire is for - if I've got power switched on during ACC or On position, do I need the 'remote' circuit as well? If so, can I just run the remote to the power switch on the "stereo" switch on the switch panel to the right of the driver?

Reading your thread more: did you wire the red and black to the stereo switch? I thought that was just a single pole switched hot for the red wire going to the head unit?

docdrs
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I read your install over there, I'm still not clear on how to run the wires.

Did you run 12V wires all the way over to the amps/battery area? I just ran them the 8 inches or so to the power bus right behind the steering column.
I only ran the input, amps, and remote wire over to the battery area. the power and the ground to the helm bus

guess I'm not clear on what the "remote" wire is for - if I've got power switched on during ACC or On position, do I need the 'remote' circuit as well? If so, can I just run the remote to the power switch on the "stereo" switch on the switch panel to the right of the driver?
The remote will allow you to turn the unit on when you turn your stereo head unit on. Similar in that your amps turn on when you turn your head unit on.

your thread more: did you wire the red and black to the stereo switch? I thought that was just a single pole switched hot for the red wire going to the head unit?

I just ran the red to the stereo switch but am considering changing it to the bus as it causes a slight pop if turned off before the head unit is turned off.