PDA

View Full Version : windshield needed

rscottski
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I am looking for a port side windshield for a 2006 Supra Sunsport. The frame is fine, I just need the glass.

Any help would be appreciated.

NeilMcg
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Call your dealer. If no luck, call Skier's choice.

Taylormade was the OEM for mine, but they'd probably make you go through a dealer anyway.

SuperSaltAir
06-06-2011, 01:23 AM
I just did a windshield for my malibu and it was less expensive to go through my dealer then taylormade. If you have no luck going through your dealer and you want to give taylormade a shot you would need the taylormade part # not the Skiers choice part # they are different you can usually find the part # on the back side of the frame on a sticker sometimes it is under the molding that covers the screws. I can get you a direct line phone# to the lady that was trying to help me she seem to know what she was doing. Its going to be expensive no matter how you go about it and I am not sure if they sell the glass alone I think you have to get it with the frame. Just as a reference my whole windshield cost me just over 1600$ with shipping it was about 700 per side plus the walk through window and install hardware and that was the cheapest I found after about 1 yr of searching

Rusty
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I had to get a piece cut from tempered glass for my Saltare. They did an awesome job for about $79, It's A LOT cheaper then the prices I found at a dealer. I went with a company that specializes in marine windshields called:

Ocean Dynamics
18377 northeast ct.
Miami, FL 33179
www.oceandynamics.com

305-770-1800

Hope this helps.

Rusty

riveredge
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I can vouch for Ocean Dynamics, we've gotten several windshields from them when we couldn't get them from either the boat manufacturer or the original windshield manufacturer.

kporsch
06-07-2011, 01:31 PM
What size sunsport do you have? I broke my windshield for my 06' 21V about 2 years ago and it took forever to get a replacement. The OEM for 2006 was PCM or pacific coast marine. The economy was down and so was thier factory for extended periods at a time. Long story short I had to order the whole windshield even though I only needed the port side. So I have a starboard and center windshield that is sitting in my brother's attic that I would be willing to sell. It does come with the frame because that is the only way the sell it.

kporsch
06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Nevermind, just reread your post and see that you need port side.

rscottski
06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks For all the advice. I'll check out your suggestions.

Sounds like Ocean Dynamics might be the way to go.

Thanks, Scott