PDA

View Full Version : Why is my front Ballast bag filling when the pump is off?

mule822
06-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I have noticed lately that my front bag is filling without the pump on. Can anyone help me to fix this problem. Please let me know.

c9403
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
On your pump manifold system you will find small black switches that control the fill and empty. The switches have to be down to allow your gravity III switches up front to control fill and empty. Otherwise, your system is left wide open all the time. It is covered in your owners manual if you have the Gravity III system.

Chris

jsandy
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
like he said. or we have seen it at the shop were a valve can go bad or hang open.

mule822
06-06-2011, 09:10 AM
my boat is an 03 launch ss I didn't see any switches, buut this problem just started last week. If me valve is sticking do you know of anything I can try to unstick it? The intake for that should be on the bottom of the boat right? If it needs to be replaced do you ave any suggestions where I can get a new one?

jzelt
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Sprinkler Warehouse dot com.
The switch is on the sprinkler valve. (follow where your pump goes to the hoses that fill the bags).
I put a brass ball valve inline in the storage locker and just turn it open when I want to fill it.
We mostly slalom ski, but wakeboard when it gets rough and still have the energy...