PDA

View Full Version : Blower

wv_waterdumby
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey guys, new to boating and the forum. I bought a 1984 Supra ts6m yesterday. I noticed the blower is not working, I'm pretty sure it's the fuse but i don't know that for sure. Where is the blower located? Thanks in advance.

Chuck Yager
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey, welcom to the forum. I have a sunsport, but if its similar to mine, there will be one to the Starbord (rt) side of the engine down in motor compartment and another one would be behind the back seat to the side of the gas tank. I hope this helps get you pointed in the right general direction. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Hopefully one of these guys on here can tell you more. Good luck!

wv_waterdumby
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Well I can't find it or them. I'm assuming it has two because there's four tubes and only one is blowing air out. The fuse was blown. I guess ones better than none. If anyone has anymore ideas on where to locate them feel free to through it out there. Thanks.

NeilMcg
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
This a copy of my reply to a similar thread. Hope this helps:

Although I don't have a Comp, but a SunSport, I'm sure they're similar. The first blower (engine compartment) is usually on the right side somewhere near the front motor mount. On the intake side (at least on mine) there is about a 5 inch section of loose hose that is screwed to the inboard stringer just above the floor. That allows any vapor that has sunk to the bottom to be instantly sucked out, then transported aftward through the hose connected to the other side of the blower all the way to the rear exhaust vent.

The other blower should be located in the back to vent any vapor from re-fueling issues (leak in tank or accidental overfilling,) and acts in the same way. You also may notice a total of 4 exhaust vents in the back. The other 2 are exhaust ports for the airflow coming from the front intakes while your under way.

FYI - I added a 3rd blower. This one feeds directly into the front bulkhead area to keep it aerated and hopefully keep moisture down to a minimum. I then drilled a drainage hole in the diagonal front aspect of the bilge (in front of the pump) to allow both drainage for water as well as an an escape for the additional air flowing around the front bulkhead area. I figured that since there are drainage holes in the stringers...why not?

There was an accident in Lake Erie during Memorial day where a boat exploded while re-fueling. The Captain was killed and 2 were seriously burned. Nothing to play around with.

wv_waterdumby
06-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the replies but I don't see any blowers in the engine compartment or hoses for that matter. But there is an access panel behind the engine compartment and the back seat I just can't get it out. I'm going to take it out for a bit tomorrow then ill take a look. Thanks a lot. I'll get back with you guys.