PDA

View Full Version : '86 Sunsport

cuffles
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Im looking at a '86 sunsport for and wanted to know if their was different options from the factory? like different windshield or passenger seats. I see some on here with the saltare windshield and some with a longer angle side windhield. The one im looking at has the latter one. The co-pilots seat is the same as the drivers seat, not bench or turned backwards. Any help would be great. The boats been regel coated and rehabolstered. Asking 7500 for it.

Kma4444
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I think you'll find the "86 was available as a Rider or Skier. The rider has the passenger seat the same as the captain's where the skier has the rear facing one. I'm not an expert but that's what I've noticed. I am sure there are other differences as well. If you look for pics of Newbie Girl's boat on here you will see that it is an '86 Rider.

cuffles
06-13-2011, 12:25 PM
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/2416713435.html

This is the boat I was reffing to in the first post. What do you think of her?

wspeedin
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Looks like a Rider to me. I may be wrong but the way the storage infront of the port seat is low to the ground reminds me of a Rider. It looks good but I would see how well the stringers and motor mounts are. If they are good you have a nice boat there!

duckseatfree
06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Definitely a rider. Looks good!

Make sure the stringers are good. If not, make sure you take that expense into account - anywere from $3-6k if you do them yourself or have someone else do them for you.

How do you know if the stringers are bad? if they are original...you'll have to redo them now 99% of the time