PDA

View Full Version : 2001 SSV Engine Problems

Brian in KY
03-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I have a 2001 Launch SSV with about 175 hours on it, and late this year it started running poorly, stalled off the trailer and sounded lake a wrench was rattling around while running. Since I was in KY and not very close to any Supra dealers, I took it to a reputable Mcraft shop who found nothing wrong. Figuring it maybe just needed a tune up, I replaced the plugs wihtout any improvement. It's now back in Texas and I have taken it to the dealer where I purchased it, as well as another marine repair place who both say they can't find the problem. But, it runs like crap and sounds like crap. I want to sell this boat, but nobody is going to buy it unless it sounds right, and I am running out of ideas... any help is really appreciated!

Vapor-rub
03-18-2005, 01:41 PM
How old is the gas in the tank? What octane were you running in it? Also, if you had the boat winterized and had fuel stabilizer in the tank over the winter, the engine will run a little rough until you burn through the tank of gas with the stabilizer in it.

silvtongdvl
03-18-2005, 01:44 PM
The dealers don't hear it or hear it and say nothing is wrong. Does the noise go away after it warms up or upon excellerating????
~S~

Brian in KY
03-26-2005, 01:05 PM
OK, thanks for the concern, but I have now been told that the Vortec engine needs some "long reach plugs" and that may be the problem, going to try that and see. Like I said, with less than 200 hours, nothing serious SHOULD be wrong. Thanks again.
PS- Boat is in Central Texas and for sale, call 502-417-6619 for details if you know anyone interested, thanks.