PDA

View Full Version : Arm Rest removal.

devovino
06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Anyone know how th remove the arm rest that is beside the captains chair? I have removed all the screws, and started to take the throttle apart, it still seems to be pretty well in place? Is there a need to dissasemble the throttle to pull this piece out? I had to stop and do some research to see if anyone knows, and before I broke something. Thanks, this ans the kick panel on the left side of the foot area are the last pieces I need to upholster, almooost there! Devon

duckseatfree
06-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure what year your boat is, but on my 86you have to slightly pull the throttle out...then move out forward (a if you were giving it gas)all the way...and it should side right out

csuggs
06-10-2011, 07:20 PM
There should be a small setscrew on the bottom of the throttle arm where it goes through the arm rest panel. Loosen the screw and remove the throttle arm. Then as long as all the panel screws are removed the panel should come free. Oh, and the panel may be attached to the storage compartment box near the driver's right foot.

michael hunter
06-10-2011, 08:26 PM
What year and model is your boat? My 89 Sunsport has 2- 7/16 nuts on the inside of the gunnel . You can just get them from under the dash.